Speed Memory Question

JoeBad

Hey, I have a question concerning, sense of speed and speed memory. As your book states and I agree that these are very important skills for slowly increasing speed and lowering lap times safely. I would like to improve these skills and I have read in your books that the no brakes drill is one technique that can be used to improve both of these senses but I was wondering if there is any other drills / techniques that I can apply in my quest to improve upon these senses. I do also plan to take the school this summer hopefully! Thanks Eric

Really, the no-brakes drill is beautiful for this. As are all the visual drills of level II.

Aside from that, make sure you have your speedo covered and simply go off of a lap timer if you need to. It's much easier to look down at a timer and see, "Ok, I'm at 58 seconds at this point, and last lap I was at 57, I need to be a bit faster" - than it is to look down and say "Holy Sh1t, I'm doing 118 mph dragging my knee and hammering the throttle?!?!"..

It's mind over matter... You have to disassociate yourself from the MPH stigma and move to a 'seconds per lap' mode...

Really, the no-brakes drill is beautiful for this. As are all the visual drills of level II.

Aside from that, make sure you have your speedo covered and simply go off of a lap timer if you need to. It's much easier to look down at a timer and see, "Ok, I'm at 58 seconds at this point, and last lap I was at 57, I need to be a bit faster" - than it is to look down and say "Holy Sh1t, I'm doing 118 mph dragging my knee and hammering the throttle?!?!"..

It's mind over matter... You have to disassociate yourself from the MPH stigma and move to a 'seconds per lap' mode...

Thanks JoeBad