Newbie From Oz

Good 'ay everyone.

Was talking to a mate one weekend at the local after a spirited ride. He's a librarian and he often quotes things out of Keith's books. One such topic was how a bike rises during acceleration. I didn't believe it (and I still don't) and that's how I found my way here.

I've found it very interesting and informative and look forward to coming here often.

Good 'ay everyone.

Was talking to a mate one weekend at the local after a spirited ride. He's a librarian and he often quotes things out of Keith's books. One such topic was how a bike rises during acceleration. I didn't believe it (and I still don't) and that's how I found my way here.

I've found it very interesting and informative and look forward to coming here often.

Hi Big Willy and Welcome,

The bike does rise, both the front, and the rear, during acceleration. Different engineers have given me different answers, bottom line, while the power is being added the tire is trying to push down, it's connected to the frame, so it twists the back of the bike upwards. That's a very short answer, but check out a bike in a full wheelie----it's fully extended when the gas is on, isn't it?

Best,

CF

Thanks for the welcome .

I stand corrected re bike lift. It seems it has to do with swingarm pivot points and the drive chain.

Back in the old days (twin shock bikes) Keith i think had the guys (if they were brave enough) to stick their fingers in between the springs of the rear shock when they rolled the gas on, and they could tell it then.

Best,

CF