Sachsenring & Bruno 21-24 Aug

OMG I cannot believe the day is finally here...... This trip has been in the works since Feb and now we leave in the morning

Arrive Sachsenring Sunday 6pm set up camp get registered and fire up the bbq.... all day Monday and Tuesday on the track with a "free" party with food and beer on Monday night.... got to love Germans.... can't wait to run down the "ski jump" with it's blind entry 13% grade drop!!

Tuesday after our last session pack up and head over to Brno 4 hours away, meet up with two other bud's who are there for the GP race. Spend all day Wed & Thur on the track just 3 days after the big boys leave......

I will have a trip report once we get back next weekend.....

140594.jpg

140512.jpg

I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not jealous. I am not ...

• 2 weeks later...

Here is short clip I put together from Sachsenring.... this was shot day one (of two) session 3, so I was just getting the hang of the track. Due to brutal noise testing on the front straight I had to go down it at half throttle and loose a load of time..... the next day in the rain I was quicker as to guy doing the testing didn't come out till it stopped raining. Anyway enjoy the clip as I had the time of my life running this track.......nothing but the longest blind left hander in the world..............

Niiiiiice!!!

Thanks for sharing that!

Great soundtrack, too!

Looking forward to Brno!

• 1 month later...
I've been wondering how to do international track days...did you ship your bikes there? Rent bikes? Or are you lucky enough to live nearby?

We've been waiting two months for bruntr's Brno update. I hope all is well.

Some years ago in my nearly forgotten misspent youth, an obscure magazine writer published a story about riding a track day at the Nurburgring on the original 28 km "long course" (they don't race on it anymore). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N%C3%BCrburgring

Riding the old course has been a "childhood dream" of mine ever since.

I seem to recall the magazine writer rode a BMW (motorcycle) that he simply rented over there in Germany (not at the track). In any case, I would think that unless one is racing, renting "over there" would be the way to go.

ETA: it seems that with the construction of the new GP track that the old course ("north loop") has been shortened a couple of miles. Still, at 70 + corners of closed course, one might spend a lifetime learning it. I can hardly imagine a cooler challenge.

• 1 month later...

oops

Sweet--you rock! Thank you for the materials. I'll be departing shortly... >: )

>8 }

Bring warm riding gear!