2008 Riding Coach Search

Dear All,

I posted this last year (and the year before), and we had good success with the coaching program. More coaches are still needed as it takes a while to train 1 coach (normally a season for a part time coach).

Read on, follow the steps if you are interested!

Regards,

Cobie Fair

Chief Riding Coach (Worldwide)

Here is the process:

1. Read the description below the dotted line for what we are looking for.

2. A very good riding skill level is required from our coaches. Some have met the other requirements, but had to work on their riding skill, and eventually became coaches. While riding skill is important, as or more important is ability to learn, ability to communicate and get along well with a wide variety of people, can endure hard conditions (school days are long!), and can attend enough school days in a year.

3. Please review the description and application carefully. This will ensure you won?t be wasting both of our time with questions that are already answered.

4. If you fit the description, or think you could meet the requirements soon, fill out the application that is attached and send it to me. In truth, I'd rather have you try out and let us decide if you meet the requirements, than not have you try out at all!

Cobie@superbikeschool.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can answer yes to all of the questions below then you may be just what we need. If you can't, let me know and we'll go from there.

1. Have you already taken the Superbike School (since 1995, preferably Level 1 and 2)?

2. Have you roadraced?

3. Are you already pretty fast? (don't have to be a track record holder, but can't be slow).

4. Are you friendly and personable--enjoy talking with people?

5. Do you learn new things fairly quickly?

6. Can you devote minimum 10-15 school days per year (not including travel time)?

7. Are you willing to do difficult homework, and have every aspect of your training skills scrutinized?

8. Have you read the Twist of the Wrist books?

9. Would you enjoy helping people learn how to ride better?

We are very selective and everything you say or do in the application process counts. I?m not interested in squids, dopers or short term relationships. I am looking for enthusiastic individuals that want to learn how to become great coaches.

If you think you have the right stuff, download the application and e-mail it to me!

Best,

Cobie Fair

cobie@superbikeschool.com

The file is available for download from the website and does not require registration with the forum. Just click the link below: http://www.superbikeschool.com/files/Application-2008.rtf

• 1 month later...

Cobie,

I fit all of your requirements except one. I've never raced. I've taken two of the levels and number three next month, march 29 willow. Just throwing around the thought of trying out sometime in the future. So, what I really want to know is due you still give a person a chance, to try out, even if that person hasn't raced?

Thanks,

Aaron

Dear All,

I posted this last year (and the year before), and we had good success with the coaching program. More coaches are still needed as it takes a while to train 1 coach (normally a season for a part time coach).

Read on, follow the steps if you are interested!

Regards,

Cobie Fair

Chief Riding Coach (Worldwide)

Here is the process:

1. Read the description below the dotted line for what we are looking for.

2. A very good riding skill level is required from our coaches. Some have met the other requirements, but had to work on their riding skill, and eventually became coaches. While riding skill is important, as or more important is ability to learn, ability to communicate and get along well with a wide variety of people, can endure hard conditions (school days are long!), and can attend enough school days in a year.

3. Please review the description and application carefully. This will ensure you won?t be wasting both of our time with questions that are already answered.

4. If you fit the description, or think you could meet the requirements soon, fill out the application that is attached and send it to me. In truth, I'd rather have you try out and let us decide if you meet the requirements, than not have you try out at all!

Cobie@superbikeschool.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can answer yes to all of the questions below then you may be just what we need. If you can't, let me know and we'll go from there.

1. Have you already taken the Superbike School (since 1995, preferably Level 1 and 2)?

2. Have you roadraced?

3. Are you already pretty fast? (don't have to be a track record holder, but can't be slow).

4. Are you friendly and personable--enjoy talking with people?

5. Do you learn new things fairly quickly?

6. Can you devote minimum 10-15 school days per year (not including travel time)?

7. Are you willing to do difficult homework, and have every aspect of your training skills scrutinized?

8. Have you read the Twist of the Wrist books?

9. Would you enjoy helping people learn how to ride better?

We are very selective and everything you say or do in the application process counts. I?m not interested in squids, dopers or short term relationships. I am looking for enthusiastic individuals that want to learn how to become great coaches.

If you think you have the right stuff, download the application and e-mail it to me!

Best,

Cobie Fair

cobie@superbikeschool.com

The file is available for download from the website and does not require registration with the forum. Just click the link below: http://www.superbikeschool.com/files/Application-2008.rtf

Cobie,

I fit all of your requirements except one. I've never raced. I've taken two of the levels and number three next month, march 29 willow. Just throwing around the thought of trying out sometime in the future. So, what I really want to know is due you still give a person a chance, to try out, even if that person hasn't raced?

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I will look at someone that has not raced, but it is preferred. Doesn't have to be a lot of racing in fact, but better if they have had that experience. I've even had guys attend CODERACE (as one races on each day there).

CF

• 3 months later...

Is Coderace available in the UK? I would love to become a coach in the future and i have experience in coaching/training however this is not in bikes ( i am an ex fire service car/fire truck trainer who now runs an incident command school) so i have experience in the field but not specifically bike training.

DC in SD, and Rick 448:

DC--a '27 at the Streets is going quite well, get me an application!

Rick: I think the UK guys had run a one day school race school, but not sure if they are currently. They haven't been as strict as I have on requiring racing experience in the past. Truth be told, I have relented on this point in a few cases with exceptional prospects, and it has turned out mostly well, but they have to be exceptional. The right thing to do is get on Johnny's radar screen: let him know that you are interested. He travels even more than I do I think, and not on the forum much, but here's his e-mail, shoot him a note. That being said, he might or might not be able to get back to you rigtht away. johnny@superbikeschool.co.uk

Best,

Cobie

• 4 months later...