Rear Set Position

Hey Faylix,

Want to let us know how it finally sorts out?

CF

Will do!

Shot Dennis @ BR an email today (from my schools library, ughn, don't go to law school, or at least don't study in the library - its exam season and it smells like fear) to ask if he had received the plates yet. Looks like China actually got them to him on time and he told me he'd send them out priority.

I'll post a full write up and take some pictures as soon as I get them on and adjusted. I don't foresee any major complications, even without being able to mount the plates I have the sets mostly together and they look like they should be smooth sailing.

I'm looking forward to some much more precise shifting - the bike's previous owner low sided on the shifter and the stock rear sets have never been the same since - in fact it has a tendency to all of sudden get really loose for no reason. I used to be afraid if I scraped my pegs I'd leave my shifter behind!

As a fairly short guy (5'5'' if i stretch, lol) I'm moving the pegs all the way up - probably means I'll never scrape a peg again....

as loong as I keep her rubber side down.

Ride safe,

-Faylix

Someone on this thread mentioned something about designing some infinitely adjustable rearsets - there is something pretty close already, Gilles makes some that adjust by rotating then sliding. It's hard to describe, but here's a link to a picture:

http://www.hardracing.com/GILLESRS.htm

The combo of rotating and sliding gives a tremendous flexibility of adjustment, but more importantly they LOOK AWESOME. Therefore I have them on my bike. So if you are part of the elite, special group headed to Laguna Seca next week feel free to come over and admire my sexy and well-adjusted rearsets.

Truly these are WAY better looking then the normal type with the big screw plate, they are very lightweight and extremely easy to adjust. I like the pegs, too, very grippy and rounded. My only very mild complaint is I couldn't get them quite as high and forward as I wanted, but I'm pretty short.

Incidentally if I had it to do over again I'd buy the ones that are black with a gold inset. The ones I got are plain black, which is so subtle that they look like regular stock rearsets, but they are so neat I'd actually rather they stood out a bit more. They came with carbon fiber heelguards but I don't use those because they are slippery - I am using the stock metal (heavy) heel guards.

Bought a set of Bohemian Racing rear sets off his website, specified my model on website and on the paypal order (02 GSXR 600)

Faylix,

I have the rearsets for my F4i. I've been reluctant to write a review of them because I have mixed feelings about them too. Seems like a good product that needs just a little more R&D and a complete parts bag, then it's ready for prime time.

Bought a set of Bohemian Racing rear sets off his website, specified my model on website and on the paypal order (02 GSXR 600)

Faylix,

I have the rearsets for my F4i. I've been reluctant to write a review of them because I have mixed feelings about them too. Seems like a good product that needs just a little more R&D and a complete parts bag, then it's ready for prime time.

Do you think you could email me? (jsteinbrecher at gmail dot **** spambots com)

It would be helpful to hear from someone who has them on, adjusted and is riding with them. I'm sure you can offer a few tips that were only learned by cursing at them ;)

I ride pretty hard day to day, and the city isn't exactly forgiving.

-Faylix

ps: there isn't a **** spam bots in there ;)

Faylix,

It would be helpful to hear from someone who has them on, adjusted and is riding with them. I'm sure you can offer a few tips that were only learned by cursing at them ;)

-Faylix

U've got mail

Faylix,

-Faylix

U've got mail

Parts came today... lets see if they match up!

-J