Going To School At Rockingham Uk

Managed to get time off work and am going for level 1 at Rockingham UK on the 7th July, I cant wait, its an 800 mile round trip for me but it will be worth it.

If anyone on here knows of any good hotels or B&Bs in that area with secure bike parking please let me know.

can anyone tell me what special bikes you get to use on level 1

i.e braking rig, lean bike or whatever

can anyone tell me what special bikes you get to use on level 1

i.e braking rig, lean bike or whatever

I'm there on the 8th July! As for special bikes, i don't think you get to use any of those on Level 1. I think (but could be wrong) the lean bike is Level 3 or 4 and brake bike Level 2. No doubt someone will confirm if this is correct.

• 4 weeks later...
Managed to get time off work and am going for level 1 at Rockingham UK on the 7th July, I cant wait, its an 800 mile round trip for me but it will be worth it.

If anyone on here knows of any good hotels or B&Bs in that area with secure bike parking please let me know.

Hi Acebobby,

You should have had details sent with your confirmation. Please call Lynn in the office 01933 224449 and she will let you know of all the hotels in the area we recommend.

All the best

Andy Ibbott

• 4 weeks later...

Just did my level 1 at Rockingham UK and it was amazing what a difference in my riding in 1 day, it was raining most of the day dried out for my 3rd session then started to rain again but the wet weather just slowed everything down a bit and gave more time to focus on the drills, I never thought I`d ever say I enjoyed riding in the rain but It was great and my throttle control has improved loads and then the last session when I did the 2 step drill that just opened up the whole track to me and suddenly I had loads of space, who would have thought that how you use your eyes could make such a big difference.

My instructor (Jet) was great and helped me out loads with things I was struggling with and has definately made me a safer, faster and better rider, also Andy Ibbott was brilliant in the class room setting out our drills and explaining what to do and what benifits we would get from doing them and why they worked.

The whole day was great and I cant wait to do the rest of the levels but untill then I will be practicing my level 1 drills untill they become 2nd nature to me.

Just did my level 1 at Rockingham UK and it was amazing what a difference in my riding in 1 day, it was raining most of the day dried out for my 3rd session then started to rain again but the wet weather just slowed everything down a bit and gave more time to focus on the drills, I never thought I`d ever say I enjoyed riding in the rain but It was great and my throttle control has improved loads and then the last session when I did the 2 step drill that just opened up the whole track to me and suddenly I had loads of space, who would have thought that how you use your eyes could make such a big difference.

My instructor (Jet) was great and helped me out loads with things I was struggling with and has definately made me a safer, faster and better rider, also Andy Ibbott was brilliant in the class room setting out our drills and explaining what to do and what benifits we would get from doing them and why they worked.

The whole day was great and I cant wait to do the rest of the levels but untill then I will be practicing my level 1 drills untill they become 2nd nature to me.

Great to hear that you made it and got the expected result ! :)

Best,

Cobie

I did my level 1 on the 8th and was a little luckier with the weather :) session 2 was very wet, but the other 4 were bone dry. I have to agree that the classroom sessions were very helpful and delivered in a very easy to understand format, and in a style which was both interesting and humorous. I enjoyed the drills and learnt a lot. I will be practising those each time i go out in future. If anyone is considering doing the school but isn't sure if it is worthwhile, all i can say is that it is! My only slight reservation is that in the first couple of drills without the use of brakes it was difficult to not use them when you caught up a much slower rider on corner entrance. I suppose this is bound to happen when everyone starts at level one and there is a vast difference in initial corner speed, and even differing bikes (eg big twins with much superior engine braking) I found this a little frustrating but in the later sessions it was not such a problem as the quicker riders were able to pass the slower ones much easier. At the end of the day the main thing is that it is run in a safe and friendly manner and i spoke to a few slower riders who had been scared to death on track days who felt much more comfortable with the schools' approach.

In conclusion i would like to say, if you are thinking of doing it, DO IT!