All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Last week
  2. I love everything about motorcycles: riding, racing, street, dirt, whatever. If it's got 2 wheels, I want to ride it. I also enjoy working with people and sharing what I've learned to help them become better riders. CSS is a great organization, and my colleagues there are some of the best friends I've ever had. We are a great team.
  3. This is not the same for everyone. Some really don't like it too hot. Too cold, tires take a long time to heat up (sometimes if really cold, they never do). It was in the 60's last 2 days at Streets of Willow, a little cool but really pretty nice overall. The next school in Vegas looks perfect: high with 70's to low 80's, not a speck of rain in the forecast. That's about as good as it gets. You'll warm up, the tires will get to full temp, and yet not so hot you'll be sweating too much. Looking forward to that!
  4. Thanks for that, makes sense. Have you ridden a single R yet? I'll be interested to hear what you think if/when you do.
  5. I think you are onto something here. I do recall when we spent more time at the WSB races, there was quite a bit of customization of the bike for the rider, and they certainly have more leeway with the MotoGP bikes as full prototypes. Glad you didn't spoil anything about the GP, I'm having problems with my subscription, was going to sit down and watch them today...but not yet!
  6. Great Vinny, thanks for that. I told you, but not sure I put it up here, but the last time I used both of those products I got an honest 1-2 in improvement in commuting mileage, and on the Mustang that's significant.
  7. I'm passionate about the program, so well-structured with guaranteed results for all riders. I love seeing riders improve. Also, there is nothing like riding motorcycles on racetracks as part of a day. BUT the best part for me is the team, for me hanging out with such fantastic people is as good as it gets. Getting my people fix is my biggest pay off.
  8. I did CSS as a student in 2019 as a super-scared and timid rider, was terrified of lean and had no idea what a motorbike was going to do. I became an addict! Started track riding to get more time in seat and I would have done at least 10 level 4 days. When I was encouraged to try out as a Coach I never would have imagined that I would be accepted. But the product works... I'm proof of it I still have a long way to go with my riding and coaching, but knowing that as I improve I can also help students make the journey I have, to help to improve their riding, safety and confidence is so rewarding. Being able to ride at great race tracks with a group of amazing people tops it off! Honestly, love being a coach!
  9. There is something special about the bond that exists in special forces and special operations groups. It is created by entry being difficult and very selective, and the training being super intensive. The outcome of that process is the forming of an incredibly talented group of people bonded tightly by a common thread. CSS is the first time I have seen this same thing outside military and paramilitary organisations. It's personally a very rewarding experience to be considered a part of such a team and working environment. The bonus is it is about motorcycles.
  10. The earliest track riding advice I got was "just try harder". This didn't work so well for me. Discovering CSS as a student was a revelation and it truly transformed my love of riding. Being able to share this and see similar revelations for students at every school, getting to work on my own riding and being around a bunch of similarly passionate coaches are the main reasons I love the school.
  11. Hi Cobie, you should use 2 of our effective additives in 2 different tankfuls (not at the same time). - Jectron (#2007) - add to full tank of gas every 12-1500 miles to keep injectors clean from gum and lacquers. It also protects the total fuel system from any water or ethanol in the fuel from corroding the metal or hardening/cracking plastic fuel lines for 12 - 1500 miles. - Valve Clean (2001) - same application/same effective time. Cleans intake valves and combustion chamber of deposits (carbon) and prevents new formation.
  12. As coaches we know how good it is as we learn to ride faster, safer. With coach training, getting to see the look on students' faces when you help them make a step is priceless. Oh and getting on track and spending time with a great team is mega too.
  13. I think as coaches we all know how good it feels to go faster, safer. Learning from the coaching training and getting to see the look on other riders faces, when you help them unlock that, is priceless. And you get track time and hang out with some great peeps too! Todd Sutherland
  14. I did the school as a student first and absolutely LOVED the product. I got to see first hand the enthusiasm of the coaching and support staff and the thought of being able to learn and teach at the same time as riding great racetracks with this team was enough for me. Best decision Ive made in a long time!
  15. CSS as a student, and as a coach has the most in-depth training program I've seen. It's elevated my riding ability and enjoyment for the sport significantly, so its a thrill to be able to communicate the CSS tech to students and see them improve every event. Their improvement and excitement reminds me of the joy i felt as a student - its still real! The CSS team both local and worldwide is a privilege to be a part of, still amped every time we get to the track and catchup 🙂
  16. I started for the riding and the racetracks. I’ve stayed for the people. The riding and the racetracks still have something to do with it though…..
  17. I love the CSS product and wouldn't be the rider that I have become without it. It's great to be able to 'give back' to a program that's given me so much and to be able to share another rider's journey and seeing their improvement is something pretty special - CSS has allowed me to do this 🙏. The worldwide CSS family is also a great reason to keep coaching as they're a great bunch of guys and girls I get to hang out with on a regular basis.
  18. Seeing a rider make huge improvements at the school, and the joy that brings to their riding is pretty special! Add to that, the opportunity to ride tracks all over the world and work with an amazing bunch of professionals is something I'm very grateful for. Our team continually drive each other to improve their own riding and coaching skills which keeps it fresh and fun.
  19. I guess an alternative theory could be the geometry of the foot pegs, seat and lock-on points of the gas tank are designed to precisely match the dimensions of the rider's leg when they are in their optimal hang-off position and lock-on is initiated with the arch of the foot on the pegs and extends to their preferred leg position on the tank. In theory this could eliminate the need to be constantly executing calf-raises throughout a race to achieve leg lock, and might also reduce some movement on the bike and save the rider some energy.
  20. After watching various MotoGP & Moto2 sessions in Portimao this morning I agree with your observation. Almost every single rider has their outside foot positioned with the arch of their foot on the peg when in a corner - and better than 50% with the heel of their boot right up against the peg. The only thing I can hypothesize is they hang so far off the inside of the bike, which results in the contact of their inner thigh (on the outside leg) being so far around the back of the gas tank, that having the heel of their boot hooked on the peg somehow helps them hang on. Many of the riders are so far inside that the angle of their upper leg (so knee to hip) is almost fully perpendicular to the longitudinal line of the bike. I couldn't find any articles on why they do it. Would be cool to hear a professional rider explain it.
  21. Loved the 1600GT while I had it but definitely prefer the XR. I like having the engine performance and light weight of a "RR" in a far more comfortable ride. Saddle sits me "in" the bike and not "on" it. The windscreen is small but can be moved up in a way that gets me out of the wind and weather so all day rides are enjoyable. Arms are nice and relaxed to the bars / grips. Wheel base length and the front fork rake are still sport bike spec so it is flickable and steering is quick side-to-side. Also has a set of discrete side racks and hard saddlebags for extended travel. Only wish I could go GP shift but unfortunately the structure of the frame makes it impossible which is probably why there are no aftermarket solutions. Surprisingly my brain keeps GP shift on track and standard shift on street straight these days. Go figure. To your comment about a few coaches asking for a single "R" for the track, I have a friend here in Atlanta who has a 2022 and loves it for both street and track. I've heard him talk about why and it has a lot to do with not being all bent forward in the more aggressive "RR" riding position allowing him to more easily achieve the "harmony, freedom and control" body position / movement goals Keith talks about.
  22. Let’s also remember that Mr VR ran a disinformation campaign for several years. Many considered: if VR said/did it, it must be good.
  23. I've not ridden the 1600. Sounds like you'd prefer the XR to the 1600...is that 'cause the XR is a bit lighter...what about it do you like over the others?
  24. Me too. What I don't quite get is looks like most of the MotoGP riders, have their outside foot locked into the middle, at the heel.
  25. I find engaging the calf muscles to move my body position around on the bike and optimizing my leg lock-on is central to the "harmony, freedom and control" goals. I can't really do it with the arch of my foot on the pegs - only with the balls of my feet on the pegs as my point of leverage to raise my heels.
  1. Load more activity