California Superbike School Student Wera Regional Formula 3 Champion

Just wanted to share the news and my support for the California Superbike School. Nicholas Swensgard attended levels one and two at V.I.R. on his Moriwaki 250 this past September. Ever since the school his lap times have dropped an average of six seconds per lap at every track he raced on previous to the school, including V.I.R. Nic is the WERA Southeast and North Florida regional Formula 3 Champion for 2013.

Nic also has a shot at two national titles, Formula 2 and Formula 3 in a couple of weeks at the WERA Grand National Finals at Barber Motorsports Park. He has always done very well there and likes the track so we are hoping for a great event. Thanks CSS we are looking forward to Code Race in a few weeks at Willow and levels 3 and 4 early next season. If you would like to learn more about Nic you can find him on F.B. at Nicholas Swensgard Racing and on Roadracing World Magazine on-line on the racers profile page.

post-23971-0-99374800-1381370348_thumb.jpg

Congrats to you and Nic on your success so far. I would love to see it continue. It would be fun to watch another CSS-trained potential champion work his way up, as we've been doing recently with Joe Roberts. I have no doubt the CSS team will provide Nic the high level of training that will allow him to reach his full potential. Best of luck and keep letting us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Benny

Congrats to you and Nic on your success so far. I would love to see it continue. It would be fun to watch another CSS-trained potential champion work his way up, as we've been doing recently with Joe Roberts. I have no doubt the CSS team will provide Nic the high level of training that will allow him to reach his full potential. Best of luck and keep letting us know how it goes!

Cheers,

Benny

Benny,

Thanks for the kind words. We can only hope to reach Joe`s level one day, but we believe we can. One apex at a time.

The WERA Grand National Finals is just days away. Nic is currently in 2nd place in points for the national formula 2 novice class, and 4th place in national points for formula 3. I think I am feeling more pressure than he is. Just hoping for a clean, fast, safe race. Looks like we may doing the wets vs. slicks tire dance with the weather forcast. Wish us luck, its been a heck of rookie novice year!

• 4 weeks later...

2013 WERA Novice rookie year results

WERA NATIONAL CHALLENGE SERIES
Formula 3 4th
Formula 2 3rd

WERA REGIONAL S

SOUTHEAST
Formula 3 1st
Formula 2 2nd

MID CENTRAL
Formula 3 2nd
Formula 2 5th

NOLA
Formula 3 4th
Formula 2 5th

NORTH FLORIDA
Formula 3 1st
Formula 2 2nd

T
hank you California Superbike School, we have no reservations that the season would not have turned out so successful had we not attended. Looking forward to coming back in 2014.

• 1 month later...

Thank you CSS and staff for helping Nic earn his WERA expert status in 2013. We sincerely believe you were intsrumental in his achievement and look forward to more sessions with you this year.

Awesome results. Congrats to Nicholas! Are you all planning to return to CSS at VIR?

• 3 weeks later...

Great Article on Nick and his recent journey to Code R.A.C.E. in this months issue of Roadracing World. I hope too see him in action at another sometime in the future

Received my issue late last week and went straight to that artical after reading your post Tyler. Very nice article indeed. I cant wait to hear about Nicks successes this year. I sure wish I had started doing this at his age. I'd still be slow...but I would have had a lot more fun memories! :)

Flight Risk, yes we do and more hopefully

I'll be at VIR with CSS on 5/12. Let me know if you and Nick are going to be there. I would love to say hi.

Best,

Carey

Cary,

We plan to be there. We are kind of tossing around which series to concentrate on right now... CCS or the WERA Nationals. It would be great to run both but budget considerations win unless we can secure some help with funding. The CCS series is where I think the best "quality " seat time is right now. Good organization and fast company ;). On the other hand the WERA Nationals would get us out west to race on more tracks. We really want to race at Miller in Utah.. but it just doesnt look like there are many running in our classes. We also want to attend another CODE Race School this year. Not sure which one is doable yet. We would love to attend the first one at Thunderbolt but Barber is close and we love the track and facility. All the best, and thanks for the support.

The article was great, I am pleased it was primarily about the benefits of a kid developing on a Moriwaki GP bike with CSS. Nic got to be the vehicle to help drive the message and we are very grateful.

Oh, just to bang our drum a little, Nic earned a second place finish in Formula 3 and a 6th in Formula 2 Expert on a 250 against a field of 650`s and 600`s in the first race of the season. How? Code corner speed.

Oh, just to bang our drum a little, Nic earned a second place finish in Formula 3 and a 6th in Formula 2 Expert on a 250 against a field of 650`s and 600`s in the first race of the season. How? Code corner speed.

Awesome! And as his dad you get to bang the drum all you like. We like the beat around here :)

• 1 month later...

Fantastic! Make sure you post up and let us know how it goes. Or maybe we will get to read about Nic in RRW some more :D .

• 3 weeks later...

Fantastic event and great results. Nic won the D-Superbike class from the holeshot to the checkered. We earned a 3rd in Formula 3... Both races were over all finishes.. 1st and 3rd. NicsDad had tears of joy. A 4800 mile round trip. Thanks CSS for the great training!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...