2015 Double R Fest

Just wanted to let people know about the 2015 Double R fest. It's being held this June 20th through the 21st at Roebling Road Raceway in Savannah GA. Lots of information about the new 2015 Double R with demo's and presentations done by Nate Kern the BMW factory test rider and Double R Ambassador. Dinner on Saturday prepared by Chef Duane Nutter.

The event is open to any make or model of bike. Sign up's are somewhat limited to provide a nice open and fun track. If you are interested in more information feel free to PM me directly. Sign up link is http://kern.mycustomevent.com

I'll be there having a great time on both days.

3882DK-BMW_NateKernDoubleRFest_DlrSlide_

Wow, I would love to go to that! But alas, for one thing, I've been waiting two weeks for my tire which is on backorder, so even if I was cavalier enough to head down there, I couldn't. Thanks for the heads-up, it sounds like a nice event. Id' really would like to meet you and Nate. Maybe next time.

When perusing the link for the event I noticed, for the first time, the date, which makes it possible for me to be there. But alas once again, its just way to far for me to go but, maybe, you and Nate will come up here to my neck of the woods sometime. That would be cool!

Understand about the distance. Roebling is a really fun track. I was not so sure about it the first time I saw the map but there's a nice mix of corners and a nice long straight that you can really stretch the legs of an RR on.

Nate does all sorts of events for BMW dealerships. Keep your eyes peeled as he frequently gets all over the country.

R, Thanks for the info on Roebling. Only a true trackie could know that...Ha! I'm trying to convince my wife to move to Atlanta but, even for myself, I'd like to be in some place warmer for my final days...like L.A. but that's 100% my choice and my wife's not. It looks like Florida is the way to go. Now, I'll have to look for a sleepy little track somewhere in the back hills of Central Florida. Transplanting a Long-Guy-Landman to there is quite a trick. I'm going to have to broaden my horizons. Peace out Brother!

Atlanta is a decent area. Lots of tracks nearby including Barber, Road Atlanta, Roebling Road, Atlanta Motorsports Park and many many others if you are willing to drive a bit. Warmer weather is always nice!

Just an update on the 2015 Double R fest. Nate originally had Friday the 19th planned as a filming day but then realized it's a shame to have the track reserved without riders being able to enjoy it. Registration is open for the Friday the 19th day now. There's a discount available for doing all 3 days.

http://kern.mycustomevent.com

3882DK-BMW_NateKernDoubleRFest_FB_C1A.jp