Triumph Speed Triple

Some guys have all the luck. The last thing to follow me home needed to be fed and have it's shots updated, it was enough to make me stop dating for a month.

All kidding aside (and I was kidding...mostly) that's very nice Brad!

• 1 month later...

Mmmm... Speedy Triple... hold on tight to your license. wink.giftongue.gif

warregl - dangerous comments, some people may think that what followed you home and what you were dating were one and the same. blink.giftongue.giflaugh.gif

• 1 month later...

There isn't a spot for just the bike alone, so I picked this subforum as the best place. And this is what followed me home today :D

Just saw this. I test rode one a few weeks ago, looking at it for a street bike. Now that you've had it a little while, how do you like it?

I followed a speed triple around the NOLA track this weekend when I was control riding...very impressive, although the bars make it difficult for the rider to hang off.

Just saw this. I test rode one a few weeks ago, looking at it for a street bike. Now that you've had it a little while, how do you like it?

I absolutely love this bike. It performs like a sportbike but without the torture of racer ergos. Throttle response is very smooth and linear, and power is available almost everywhere in the band. The suspension very stable and predictable and handling is quick and light without feeling nervous. At lower speeds you can sense the extra weight and taller center of gravity but I do not find this distracting. It also takes a little extra muscle to turn compared to a 600-type sportbike but really it does not feel like you're doing any extra work. I like to refer to the bike as "playful", but I think the common nickname of "hooligan" fits too. I haven't done a wheelie in years but last month I was turning out into traffic and gave the bike a little extra gas (traffic was moving about 50-55 mph) and the front wheel just nonchalantly rolled up into the air.

I followed a speed triple around the NOLA track this weekend when I was control riding...very impressive, although the bars make it difficult for the rider to hang off.

I'm hoping to do my first track day with it in another month or so and then I'll have a better idea of the bikes manners on the track - with me on board at least.