A2 Restricted Licence

Im currently riding on a restricted licence on a KTM Duke 125 and im now looking at getting a 33bhp bike to meet the limit im allowed (looking at the new Kawasaki 250r).I want to do the school but wanted to know if it would be worthwhile doing it on my own bike, as i wouldnt be able to hire one of the schools?Also does anyone know what insurance would cost me for the day?Thanks Billy

Hi Billy,

I've heard good things about the Kawa 250r but I have to say doing the school on ether the KTM 125 or the Kawa 250r would be great. I have been at the school when the young guys and girls on the 125s are just scorching everyone else. The skills taught are useful on any motorcycle.

Good luck,Carey

Hi Billy,

I've heard good things about the Kawa 250r but I have to say doing the school on ether the KTM 125 or the Kawa 250r would be great. I have been at the school when the young guys and girls on the 125s are just scorching everyone else. The skills taught are useful on any motorcycle.

Good luck,Carey

I think W covered it.

Not referring to our ex-President either.

CF

Im currently riding on a restricted licence on a KTM Duke 125 and im now looking at getting a 33bhp bike to meet the limit im allowed (looking at the new Kawasaki 250r).I want to do the school but wanted to know if it would be worthwhile doing it on my own bike, as i wouldnt be able to hire one of the schools?Also does anyone know what insurance would cost me for the day?Thanks Billy

Consider the Honda CBR250R... £4100 with ABS. A girl at the office purchased one on my recommendation and she finally let me take it for a short ride. It feels like a really nimble CBR600RR, not cheap like the Kawa 250 IMHO. For street riding the ABS is very desirable. One downside is slightly less power (26bhp v. 33bhp).

Consider the Honda CBR250R... £4100 with ABS. A girl at the office purchased one on my recommendation and she finally let me take it for a short ride. It feels like a really nimble CBR600RR, not cheap like the Kawa 250 IMHO. For street riding the ABS is very desirable. One downside is slightly less power (26bhp v. 33bhp).

Good point Matt. The CBR is getting some attention now and the safety technology is really nice to have!

And I could have been the President...if it just wasn't for the '80's.

Hi Billy,

Good luck,Carey

Sadly the Duke was left in a bit of a mess after a head on with a land rover discovery, Ive just come off with bruises thank god, but sadly my superbike school dreams shall have to be put on hold! Going to the see the bike later today as I havent seen it yet, spinal board and not remembering has got in the way of that!

Ironically I was on my way home after looking at a CBR 250 and I was quite impressed, may have to invest in one after all this palava is sorted!

Thanks guys!

Wow! Glad to hear you are just bruised, that sounds like it could have been much worse! What happened? Was this a case of a Chelsea Tractor on the rampage (sometimes I swear those things are paid a bounty for anything they eat on two wheels)?

I hope everything works out ok for you.

Best,

Carey

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Glad to hear you are just bruised, that sounds like it could have been much worse! What happened? Was this a case of a Chelsea Tractor on the rampage (sometimes I swear those things are paid a bounty for anything they eat on two wheels)?

I hope everything works out ok for you.

Best,

Carey

Was looking to turn right off a main road into minor road, was a car in the junction hanging out, Land rover was coming towards me, pulled wide to dodge the cars nose and didnt see me! Next thing I remeber im laying on a grass verge close to where I landed talking to a first aider and waiting for the ambulance and police! 2 ambulances and 4 cars turned up, hell of a traffic jam and some rather painful testicles! Hit the tank do hard they cracked the plastics Dont want to do that again!

post-23405-0-68246200-1336333473_thumb.jpg