Helmet Camera Question

Hi - I've read the previous response to operating a camera during the school. That it can't distract and bother you. Has anyone actually operated one of those contour camera's attached to your helmet during the camps/class ?

I don't want to detract of distract me from riding as I have no intention of worrying about it or reviewing it. But I do find that I learn quite a bit from watching past footage later on (where I looked, why looked or why i didn't look). It kind of reminds me of things what I didn't do or did do (not for posting on youtube as I've never posted anything on youtube).

Anyhow, I just want to turn it on when I go out and not bother with it. Then turn it off when the helmet comes off. I know I can get 8 hours on a big SD card, so storage isn't an issue. Power might need a couple batteries for a day.

So has anyone done it, was it a hassle ? don't want to mess around too much as I'm there for the class, but figure having some helmet footage afterward might be helpful for me to look at as well.

Hi - I've read the previous response to operating a camera during the school. That it can't distract and bother you. Has anyone actually operated one of those contour camera's attached to your helmet during the camps/class ?

I attach my ContourHD 1080 to the bike (suction cup mount type) when I doing the filming. I turned the cam on/off for each session to avoid running out of battery. There is a

taken with a helmetcam when doing the lean bike drill, so it's possible to use a true helmetcam.

Kai

I attach my ContourHD 1080 to the bike (suction cup mount type) when I doing the filming. I turned the cam on/off for each session to avoid running out of battery. There is a

taken with a helmetcam when doing the lean bike drill, so it's possible to use a true helmetcam.

Kai

Hey Kai - what kind of suction cup mount did you use on the BMW S1000RR when you were there ? If's probably optimal there, but you probably don't want something that might get in the way of whatever drill they are having you working on (at least I wouldn't want that to happen).

Xiamen, eh ? I haven't been to Xiamen in about 15 years. . . Had to take one of the worse overnight ferry rides ever to go to HK from there back then. Then ferry turned around in the middle of the night and had to take a small van about 8 hours through some really bumpy roads to get to Shenzhen. . . This was back in the early-90's when the roads were still dirt roads back then. . .

• 2 weeks later...

Anthem,

I used the suction cup on my own bike (R6) so I can't vouch for the BMW. The suction cup is a standard unit from Panavise, as I recall. Contour have advertised it on their website under accessories.

Xiamen, yup :-) You would hardly be able to recognize the place today. Modern skyline, traffic jams and all ;-)