Hello From Canada Eh !

A twist of the wrist. That book taught me a lot back in the 80's. When I saw this site/forum the other day I just had to join!
I spent a year racing at Westwood racetrack up here in British Columbia in the mid 80's. Lots of great memories. The track is long gone. Houses were more important.
A friend talked me into a couple track days last year at a real nice new track on the Pacific Northwest, The Ridge Motorsport park. A beautiful track compared to anything else we have up here in canada. Me and my old 86 vfr750 had a blast, and we're up for more this year.
I'm envious of you guys down south with your weather and tracks, I'll have fun reading through all your posts, and throw my 2 bits in here and there. Cheers guys!

Welcome, glad to hear you've read and gotten benefits from Twist of the Wrist - did you know there is a modern Twist of the Wrist II DVD? It's fun to see those ideas shown on current bikes with some great extra info shown in cool CG graphics.

Thanks for posting and we look toward to your input!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum rosok! I know what you mean about the houses. I grew up quail hunting in Florida. Now when I visit I see nothing but houses where we used to field trial. {sigh}

Its great to hear you got back on the track, and on an 86 VFR 750 no less! I wanted on of those badly when they came out. Sadly I was a broke student and couldnt afford one. :)

You should post up a few pictures if you have any.

Best,

Carey

Welcome to the forum rosok! I know what you mean about the houses. I grew up quail hunting in Florida. Now when I visit I see nothing but houses where we used to field trial. {sigh}

Its great to hear you got back on the track, and on an 86 VFR 750 no less! I wanted on of those badly when they came out. Sadly I was a broke student and couldnt afford one. :)

You should post up a few pictures if you have any.

Best,

Carey

Funny, I was a broke student back then too! Or maybe I was just broke, can't remember.

Ok, here is a before and after on my wheel swap

post-25583-0-91149100-1401990011_thumb.jpg

post-25583-0-95369200-1401990026_thumb.jpg

Wow, the photo reminds me of my 750 Ninja from about the same time. I'm the jealous one here because of your race experience. My goal is win a race within a year and I've never even been in one yet!

• 4 weeks later...

I mean like, Running Water ? Flush Toilets ? Air Conditioned Classroom ? Showers ? On Site Fuel ? Snack Bar ?

The website list's lots of plans but it doesn't really say anywhere what has been built and what is still waiting to be built

Well, it's still pretty barren, with only porta potties and a snack truck when she shows up. But the track makes up for it. Smooth pavement, not chewed up by the 4 wheelers yet. And it has like a mini corkscrew that's fun. Not quite like the real one down at Laguna (much slower and tighter), but still a blast.

I believe this photo of me from June22nd is turn six, the carousel. What a great corner, I look forward to it every lap! This is from a "2-Fast" weekend, Jason Tanaka photographer.

post-25583-0-78209400-1404805627_thumb.jpg