The New Camera Bike

If you have an action cam like GoPro or Contour, a GPS logger, then it's only a matter of getting your gps data to DashWare in the right format. I ended up reverse engineering the Starlane format to create my own overlay videos.

But it all takes a lot of time to shoot, combine and review, so I would be cautious about using it during a school day.

It really is cool, and does add another dimension to the things we can review with the student. I didn't install it, don't know all those details, but once it was installed and a little testing we put in use. The student rides it, after riding it, simply walks over and does a review with a coach. Then we burn a copy at the end of the 2-day schools, and give him his laps, on each day.

I'm now 99% sure that's a smarty cam being used. I just looked at their site and they have the exact overlay shown. The GP model has a bullet cam for remote mounting.

Sorry, I'm a sucker for fancy gadgets and know too much about this nonsense. After all, they make you faster, right?

Well, actually, this one can.

Some awesome work that whoever did installing it and researching it. It will make a great training tool. During some of my early CSS training my biggest question was "how fast am I really going" as it seemed REALLY fast in some places and really slow in others. I understand the reasoning for covering some of the instruments during the ride but it's nice to have some kind of correlation after the ride.