Short Video Tip On Body Position

Good tip, Dylan. Still doesn't fix my problem with the R1's seat angle being so steep that I'm ending up against the tank while riding over minor bumps on a flat road (despite digging my knees into the tank).

Cutting a fully new seat (which is more horizontal) from racing seatfoam seems like the only fix to that. :mellow:

Good tip, Dylan. Still doesn't fix my problem with the R1's seat angle being so steep that I'm ending up against the tank while riding over minor bumps on a flat road (despite digging my knees into the tank).

Cutting a fully new seat (which is more horizontal) from racing seatfoam seems like the only fix to that. :mellow:

Send your seat to a company called "HT Moto" and they will cut/shape the foam however you want it and re-wrap it with all sorts of covering options.

http://www.htmoto.us/

Send your seat to a company called "HT Moto" and they will cut/shape the foam however you want it and re-wrap it with all sorts of covering options.

http://www.htmoto.us/

Good point. I'll see if I can find an upholstering company near me and discuss the idea. I got a 2nd hand seat off ebay some years ago so I have one "to go around".

Yet another AH HA! moment. Switching out to the BMW HP Race seat likely resolved my slipping and sliding problems. Still some valuable advice to put your leg back on the correct part of the tank to avoid "walking" yourself into the tank.