New Helmet At The Superbike School: Schuberth

Hi All,

Bending the rule here slightly, but I'm so darn blown away by our new helmets...quite frankly, had never seen the coaches as a whole that excited either.

We have 2 new helmets on hand, the SR1, and the S2. I'm not going to go into all the technology that has gone into these, we'll let that unfold.

What I do want to ask is would the forum members be interested in getting an expert from Schuberth up here on the forum, to answer questions about helmets? The meetings that we had showed their level of understanding of their product is extremely high.

Are you interested? Sound off, one way or the other.

Best,

Cobie

I have/had schuberth helmets, including several color/design variations that have never hit the states along with their electronics that go into the helmets. . so I'm committed either way. . I think I've even mentioned shuberth helmets on several posts in this forum in years past. But I do think it would be a good thing for them as most people still don't know how good these helmets are. . .

Talked with the Schuberth rep, a bit more, they are for sure interested. I was pretty sure the Forum would be interested, and from my meetings with them found them to be extremely knowledgable.

I'll keep you posted on how soon we can get them up here.

Best,

Cobie

I've been riding for a couple of years with a C3 (modular) on my sport touring bike and will say that these helmets are extraordinary in terms of quality and design. I'm thinking that an SR1 is in my future as a track day hat - love the light weight but I haven't ridden with one at speed. Is there any chance of getting to use one at the 2 day camp I'm attending at VIR next week? That might seal the deal for me.

I'll be basically new back to track days this summer and I'm intentionally waiting until after the CSS camp to pull the trigger on a set of leathers and my track hat thinking that I'll learn a bit more about what to like/not like.

Thanks!

One question I have is whether there are different size cheek pads available for the SR1? The hat fits my head shape but I guess I have fat cheeks and it's tight there. Maybe that's OK for a track lid since I'm only wearing it for 20 - 30 minutes at time with breaks?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PittsDriver: There is currently limited interchangeability. There are 3 shell sizes that make up the 6 final sizes. Interior parts are interchangeable within each shell size.

Shell size 1 makes sizes XS and SM.

Shell size 2 makes sizes MD and LG.

Shell size 3 makes sizes XL and 2XL.

So we can't make a SM looser by fitting the MD pads for example. They won't fit properly, and may actually be thicker because of the shell size change. We are working on alternate thicknesses, but I can't say for sure if/when they'll be available. Let me know what size you have or if you have any questions, and I'll be happy to help. Also, don't forget that even with just intermittent track use, helmets never get tighter...they always break in and loosen up.

Hope this helps, and sorry for the delayed reply.

I'm in the market for a new helmet as my Shoei is too big and my KBC's padding is breaking in too much after a few years. I've been looking at the Schuberth SR1 and the AGV Corsa and the Pista GP (even if it is $1400). What do the CR's like & dislike about the SR1? I can't find anyone who has worn one, and just happened across the Schuberth site that mentioned CSS.

Couldn't hurt. I just got an S2 and like it but wouldn't mind asking a little about some noise it's making.

What kind of sounds/noises are you hearing?

I guess it may be more so that the noise I am hearing is perhaps different than a few year old Aria. It does however seem that the lens does not seal well and there appears to be no difference in the vent on the mouthguard being open or not as well as the top vent. I get a fair amount of road crud in through the shield where I did not with other helmets, including a $100 Bilt helmet.

"It does however seem that the lens does not seal well and there appears to be no difference in the vent on the mouthguard being open or not as well as the top vent. I get a fair amount of road crud in through the shield where I did not with other helmets, including a $100 Bilt helmet."

There are a couple of things we can look at. If you can call the office between 8-5 Pacific, I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

"It does however seem that the lens does not seal well and there appears to be no difference in the vent on the mouthguard being open or not as well as the top vent. I get a fair amount of road crud in through the shield where I did not with other helmets, including a $100 Bilt helmet."

There are a couple of things we can look at. If you can call the office between 8-5 Pacific, I'll be happy to discuss it with you.

(949) 215-0893?

• 1 year later...