What's Considered A "fast" Time At Streets Of Willow? (i

It's hard to say how much time those switchbacks would add. I've done 1:24s using them just messing around, I might be able to take a few second off that if I was racing. I'd say anything under a 1:30 would be a pretty quick time.

DOH!!!

I'm 5 seconds off that Stu... :(.. That's a BOATLOAD of time! I''ve had 6 track days in two years.. and done Willow once... 135.96 was my best...

So.. in your opinion.. what would you recomend that I try to get another 6 seconds off that time? Just more time on that track?

(PS.. I have a bunch of pictures of the while CSS crew. aome of you in there too Stu.. at willow in Spring of 07, and a couple of you in Reno Fernely in 06, the first time CSS ever went there...

myspace.com/shinysid3

Love to see 1:30-... that would be SUPER.. but damn... thats quick. for us mortal part timers:)

Thanks Stu.

• 4 months later...

Not trying to make Stu's head any bigger, but he did that lap record on a Liter bike. And if I remember correctly, it also involved a couple of small wheelies between turns 10 and 12. ;)

For those not familiar with the track, Streets is very tight and not the easiest to get around on a big bike.

Hey Stuman--do you have the lap record, I thought you told me another (Tigert?) had it.

Will has it on the old track, old turn 4, etc.

Do you have the fastest lap on a liter bike?

C

Humm. Cobie I think you may be right. I believe Stu broke it and Tigert followed up with a bit faster lap (on a 600) recently. I know for a fact Stu has the lap record for a liter bike.

OK, sounds right.

I sure did like watching him turning the bike when he came out last, very nice.

C

• 2 months later...
Best I've run there is 1:27.2 on my 05 CBR1000RR.

Last I heard Tigert still had the lap record at Streets.

That was true until April this year.

Both Tigert and Aquino SHATTERED the record (1:17.6 by Tigert) in 600 superbike. Tigert did a 1:16.0 which was followed up by Tommy Aquino with a 1:15.8. Unfortunately Aquino had a low side shortly after. Both those guys were on a mission to out do each other. It was fun to watch until I couldn't seem them any more. ;)

• 6 years later...

I just had another 1-day session at SOW yesterday - Level 3. And for this time, I requested for lap times.

However, I would see that the Superbike School's track has a switch-back at the end, which is NOT in the "regular" configuration...

So, bumping this thread up - how would one gauge the lap times between a regular track day and the CSS session for CW...? Same question as above, how much time does the switch-back would take, on average?

Cheers!

post-23324-0-66182300-1412656119_thumb.jpg

At a CSS school day you should be riding below your limit and working on drills and techniques, its not the place to set a fast time, and due to the mix of riders on track odd's are you'll never get a good clean traffic free lap if your going to try and set a personal best time anyway. If you show up for a lvl 4 school and say you just wanna set some fast lap times, I'm fairly sure they will refer you to the CODE Race school for that. For that reason its rather difficult to compare lap times from a CSS school to anything else.

That said, I believe the data in this thread is a little outdated, the most recent record I can find is Jeremy Toye on a CRB1000RR @ 1:14.271,

IMO the CSS chicanes track configuration add's about 2-3 seconds to your lap time. Your Results May Vary

Toye's 1:14 with the chicane is so impressive and just flying around that little track. That sets the actual bar for a pro racer.

For the rest of us, anything under 1:20 CW is what I would consider "fast". Like Stu said earlier, 24's are a fun quick pace but I have yet to break into the teens or even a 20 in the few times I've ridden there. It's all subjective really, if you run 30's a 25 is fast…if you run 20's, a 18 is fast and so on.

Toye's 1:14 with the chicane is so impressive and just flying around that little track. That sets the actual bar for a pro racer.

That record was set during a WSMC round, so that's going to be with the skid pad configuration, not the CSS chicanes setup

Didn't Joe break the record? He was flying around the track in '12 when I was there at the fall CodeRACE.

I believe Joe's personal best back then was in the 1:17 range, which should give you a idea of just how fast a 1:14 is