Pa Newbie

Hello, I am glad to be taking Level 1 at VIR next month. I really want to learn more about track riding and one day do actual club racing. I was initially doing trackdays until my last trackday last August when I high sided in the rain. Have not been to the track since then, but am using my own bike when I take level 1 class in VIR to get a better feel and more determine how I can prevent it.

... I take level 1 ...to get a better feel and .... how I can prevent it.

Magma;

You have made an excellent decision to go to School. You will learn techniques in Level I that expressly address how you can reduce the chances of what happened to you in the rain. Also, if you aspire to do some club racing the School will help you to acquire the tools you'll need for cornering a bike at speed. There is a lot of free advice at track days that is simply wrong so getting properly trained will move you to your goals more quickly and efficently. Please let us know how it goes for you.

Rainman

Welcome, Pa.

Sorry to hear about your trackday get off.

I am also planning to go to VIR and ride my own bike (can't handle the superbike riding position). I hope to sign up for August, but I need my tax return first. :rolleyes: I hope you will write up a full report about the track.

Any hints from veterans on hotels or inns near VIR?

Hello, I am glad to be taking Level 1 at VIR next month. I really want to learn more about track riding and one day do actual club racing. I was initially doing trackdays until my last trackday last August when I high sided in the rain. Have not been to the track since then, but am using my own bike when I take level 1 class in VIR to get a better feel and more determine how I can prevent it.

Welcome to the forum Magma. I'll be at VIR on 5/14 & 15 myself. I'll be in a metallic tan Jeep Rubicon, stop by and say hello between sessions. And Rainman is spot on, the techniques you will learn will have you wishing you had done this sooner. And wishing you had signed up for a second day! When I did level 1 the biggest regret was that I wasn't doing level 2 the next day. That said it does give you some time to absorb & practice what you learned.

Hope to see you there.

...Any hints from veterans on hotels or inns near VIR?

I like to stay at the Paddock suites myself, they're not fancy but they are clean and close. They are literally in the paddock so you get up and walk over to registration in the morning. And they have a fridge and microwave (there aren't many close restaurants). Otherwise the hotels are in South Boston or Danville whitch are about 15-20 minutes away.

Attached is a shot of the front straight from the front door of the of my suite last year.

Best,

Carey

post-16961-0-25185500-1334577021_thumb.jpg

Welcome, Magmadragoon. Feel free to jump into other areas of the forum and get involved!

A race track that also has accommodation??! That is just about my ideal holiday spot!! biggrin.gif