05 636 Setup / Track Bike Setup

Hello all:

I have attended the 1st class of the school in Arizona a few weeks back. I have to say it was an incredible experience! I have an 05 636 and would like to match it to what the stock setup was on the track bikes of the school as it worked really well for me.

What tires pressures do you guys run on the school bikes? I'm 153 pounds and was told that the stock 636 out of the factory is "setup" from a suspension perspective for someone that is about my weight..truth or myth?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

I have an 04 6RR and in the owner's manual it gives the "standard settings for preload, rebound, and compression for an average-build rider of 68kg (150-lb) with no passenger and no accessories".

I checked my settings on the bike to see if they really matched, they were right on.

So I would answer your question as there is some truth to it. Granted some of the setting could have been over looked at the factory, so it's always a good idea when you get a brand new or new to you bike that you go over it - suspsension settings, tightening bolts/screws, checking torque on areas that should be torqued to a certain spec and so forth.

Hope this helps!

Alex,

We stay pretty much with stock settings on the suspension, just a twist here or there but that is Will's job so email him and he'll let you know what the setup is.

Tire pressure varies with tires and usage so be specific when you ask him.

mechanic@superbikeschool.com is his address.

Best,

Keith

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I tossed on a set of Hyper Pro springs front and rear. Feels better on the street. Don't know about the track yet. I am 220 with gear and with full preload, I can bottom out the forks with ease, even with the stock springs. I'm doing about the same with the HP's on the street. I emailed Hyper Pro to see if they had stiffer springs. I was at the edge of the weight scale according to the salesman. The bike rides smoother and for $268(front & rear), it was a nice mod. My hands/arms felt better after a ride. Maybe I'm going further than what this board is about bringing in brand names, but what the heck.

• 1 year later...

Thanks for bumping this thread EA6BMECH.

• 4 years later...

Well here's a very!! to say the least, late follow up. the 1.0's didn't work out IMO. The most sag I could get was 23mm. Rode it that way for a while but it wasn't cutting it. So I was gonna go back to the Hyper Pro springs. Put one back in and I thought for a moment and said, lets try one spring change. At least now I can get sag and the bike will not bottom out. I've been riding it that way for the last few years to include several track days. I still don't think the bike turns as well as it should, but I don't have the $$ to invest in new suspenders front and rear. I was even told to not waste my $$ in valving, that Ohlins/Penski were the only way to go. So there's my follow up :D

• 2 months later...

I miss my old friend...It has been a long time.