Rabat And Peg Weighting.

Stroker

I didn't see him ride - could he have been hanging his body off so much that his outside leg had to lift that high to accommodate the position? Or was it clearly a lift off the pegs without moving his leg? Seems like the radical hang off position that Marquez uses has been influencing other riders to hang off farther - I wonder if there will be changes in the bikes coming to make it easier for riders to hang off even farther. I'd need a seat belt!

IMHO maybe the G-forces already made him very connected to the bike in turn via seat , inner peg and gas tank alone.

No need for peg support if you can do that but i doubt that is even manageable at legal speeds or UNTUNED/UNMODIFIED supersport bikes.

remember in moto2, only the engine is from a CBR6000RR , everything else is... a one off, top secret sauce~

One moto 3 Kalex/suter chassis alone costs in the realm of 20-30K euros, im assuming the bigger moto2 cost even more !

I noticed the foot off the peg as well, several times, and it looked like he had very little grip from hanging off so far and moved it back and in a bit from memory, but I couldn't find any useful footage. But these videos shows just how much work is involved if you want to become numero ono.

That this momentary lifting off the pegs is not limited to Rabat, but also some other riders [ mostly Spanish ] is what gets me.I have seen Lorenzo do this very subtly as well.

Interesting to note Rabat does not slide but rather lifts his bum from side to side.

• 2 weeks later...