How Is My Riding

nobody

at the out side of turn one there was an oil spill and was afraid to touch it at lean.

the problem is getting the confidence to turn the bike quick.

that lap was 1:26 or 1:27 and i did 1:25 but the camera was full so i did not get it.

Dear Nobody,

Disregarding turn one, where it was obvious there was something distracting you, the only comment I'd make is that you seem to be off the throttle throughout most of the corners, until really late, then you give it a late hammering. This puts too much weight on the front tyre for too long, which isn't the go. Throttle control rule number one - once the throttle is cracked, it should be wound on evenly, smoothly and consistently until the end of the corner. as Keith says, repeat it to yourself 1000 or 2000 times! And the throttle should be cracked on as early as you can after turn in.

A couple of times you could kind of hear the throttle being cracked on, but not wound on in the right manner to get the necessary 60/40 rear/front weight balance.

Bike sounds awesome though!

BAck to turn one, you got a fair bit of bar shake under heavy braking, which could indicate that you have too much weight on the bars eg straight arms.....you could need to lock onto the tank a bit better and let the front end do its thing without too much interference. And relax those arms!

Hope this is helpful.

Good on ya mate!

db

thank you guys for you help, i need all the advice i can get.

as for the throttle issue you are correct sir, when i see that i got the line or i feel comfortable i hammer the thing.

as for the shake in turn one i know that the bump in the middle of the braking zone has a lot to do with it, when i apply the break every thing is OK but when i hit the bump you can feel ( and my friend see the rear hoping from side to side and have to eaz on the breaks to get the bike stable.

thank you s for you help, i need all the advice i can get.

as for the throttle issue you are correct sir, when i see that i got the line or i feel comfortable i hammer the thing.

as for the shake in turn one i know that the bump in the middle of the braking zone has a lot to do with it, when i apply the break every thing is OK but when i hit the bump you can feel ( and my friend see the rear hoping from side to side and have to eaz on the breaks to get the bike stable.

Hi Nobody,

If you have the bike moving around on you, either under braking or over a bump, you might want to have a look at the chapters on rider input in Twist 2 (or the DVD). Riders tend to make the situation much worse than it need be!

Best,

Cobie

johnny was my coche at level 1 and he told me why do you leave the throttle on the bump and a told him that i will fall if i keep pushing and he replayed no you won't.

at some time i fallowed his advice and found that he was correct but my sub conchies keep telling me leave the throttle you idiot you will fall.

johnny was my coche at level 1 and he told me why do you leave the throttle on the bump and a told him that i will fall if i keep pushing and he replayed no you won't.

at some time i fallowed his advice and found that he was correct but my sub conchies keep telling me leave the throttle you idiot you will fall.

I understand, have to train the right hand to do what you want! (takes a bit).

Best,

CF

I didn't even pay attention to the throttle (had the volume off) until I read all the posts after watching it the first time. You are doing what I did for the longest time, and did it for such a long time that I still have to work on it, and it's called "maintenance throttle." It takes faith in the bike, but it will feel better if you accelerate slowly while still in the corner. It will give you that 40/60 ratio.

This also fits in with the pick up drill. If you haven't done level 2, read over the pick up drill. You're well onto the straight before the bike is upright.

• 3 weeks later...