jklepp

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:14 AM

My first track day:

Posted Image

After progressing through all the levels @ Keith Code school & being a notorious repeat offender:

Posted Image

#262 A/VJeff

A/VJeff

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:33 PM

Awesome photos guys really nice!!

I don't have any of me on the track yet because I have never rode on a track but here are two that I am not ashamed to show you all of me on the Dragon last June. I have learned so much since that trip that I can't wait until this June to go back and try it all out.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Here is my first pass and yes I know now all what is wrong with feet after my toes hit the pavement. I had no idea I was riding like that until my buddy pointed it out. I do love the picture though.

Posted Image

#263 shahrilstephen

shahrilstephen

Squid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:SBK, Motorcycle, Angling

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

Been a while since I last log on to this site. Here's couple pictures taken @Sepang International Circuit - one of the stops in the MotoGP calendar. Hope to be in stateside next year for L1 & L2 CSS somewhere in New Jersey.
Attached File  DSC_065901.jpg   1.91MB   52 downloadsAttached File  DSC_6326.jpg   4.68MB   42 downloads

#264 warregl

warregl

Flight Risk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Here are a few shots from VIR earlier this month. For those that ask "what happens if it rains?"...see below. It may not be fun but you sure get a lot of practice with the bike moving around under you. :D

Attached Files

"It's not actually about how much power you have, it's about how much power you can use." - Capt. Slow

*Any opinion expressed herein is presented with the understanding that the author is almost certainly an escaped mental patient who's understanding of the world is bent by prescription drugs and too much sugar in his diet.

#265 Gorecki

Gorecki

Cornering Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

Here are a few shots from VIR earlier this month. For those that ask "what happens if it rains?"...see below. It may not be fun but you sure get a lot of practice with the bike moving around under you. :D

^^^^ NICE! B)
Posted Image

#266 mugget

mugget

Cornering Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Currently - Building a 2T supermoto

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:34 AM

Nice pics from Sepang. I would love to ride a world-class circuit one day...

I have never complained about riding in the rain, I don't see any problems with it. In the case of riding on track in the rain I would go for it and recommend others to do the same. Make the most of it because you can't buy a wet track day. Posted Image

#267 warregl

warregl

Flight Risk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 03:36 PM

^^^^ NICE! B)

Thanks Gorecki, even I can look fast in a pic!

..you can't buy a wet track day. Posted Image

Well said mugget. I wouldn't have seen it that way before actually doing it. I found it very educational.
"It's not actually about how much power you have, it's about how much power you can use." - Capt. Slow

*Any opinion expressed herein is presented with the understanding that the author is almost certainly an escaped mental patient who's understanding of the world is bent by prescription drugs and too much sugar in his diet.

#268 Jasonzilla

Jasonzilla

Cornering Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Interests:Trackdays, medicine, watching motorcycle racing and Formula 1.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Quick video. It was an unfamiliar track, and I went into the intermediate group. Unfortunately I spent most of the day making my way through traffic.

Right at the beginning, I'm the white leathers and helmet that comes flying around the outside, then the bike with the blue covering the headlights, then I'm the bike just in front that the rider catches at the end of the straight. That's all of me. All are of me making my way through traffic. Pahrump was a pretty nice track, but I should have gone up a group.

Snoogans.

#269 T-McKeen

T-McKeen

Cornering Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:31 PM

This is me working on the "Relax Drill" out at Streets over the past weekend

Attached Files

#270 ANORXIC51

ANORXIC51

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Few shots showing my progress this season:

Back in April: CSS Levels 1&2 @ Infineon-
Posted Image

Posted Image

First trackday of 2012 & first on my 848: Road America May 28-
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

BIR on 6/9-
Posted Image

Posted Image

#271 ANORXIC51

ANORXIC51

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:25 PM

BIR 2-day 7/21-22
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Short 2 lap vid-

BIR on 8/31-
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Headed down to Barber for NEBSA's trackday season finale weekend in a couple of weeks, but bringing the new-to-me CRA-prepped CBR600RR instead of the 848 to get a feel for it, as I'm looking to start club racing next season. Would much rather bring a bike I'm familar with to a track I've never been to, but figured it best to see what this the CBR is like before being committed to it next year. Signed up for 'B' group due to the reputation of NESBA's upper B riders being on par with upper I group riders in most other organizations. Moreso, I NEED to develop passing skills....as it is a huge hole in my riding...and I think starting in B with a new-to-me bike will force me to develop smart passing skills once I get comfortable with the bike.

Thanks to everyone at CSS that has given me a good base to start my track riding with before I really even had the chance to develop bad habits. Gerry (Sigs) is a huge asset to your coaching staff, as I had him for both days. Vision skills learned at the school are invaluable!! Hoping to make it back for Lvls 3&4 early next season.

-Christian

#272 KP.Craig

KP.Craig

Squid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Headed down to Barber for NEBSA's trackday season finale weekend in a couple of weeks

I'll see you there...my first on my Aprilia. I can't wait

2006 Yamaha R6 track bike - 2012 Aprilia Tuono V4 R APRC - 2014 Honda Grom - 2007 BMW R1200GS Adventure

#273 Mik3ymomo

Mik3ymomo

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Wife took a couple of me last year and a couple pics I took of the bike for fun. See you in May at NJMP!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#274 Alfred.Rodriguez

Alfred.Rodriguez

Cornering Artist

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

Here are mine... 2-years' riding experience (no track days / CSS was my first)...

With my current bike, a Kawasaki Ninja 1000:
Posted Image

Day #1 of a 2-Day Camp in Las Vegas:
Posted Image

Day #2 of a 2-Day Camp in Las Vegas:
Posted Image

#275 manjohari

manjohari

Squid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

This is what i can achieve after 2 months attending L1, L2 & L3 in Sydney
Pictures sequence were taken at T14, Sepang International Circuit

Attached File  IMG_0686.JPG   118.06KB   24 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0687.JPG   116.32KB   30 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0688.JPG   120.34KB   36 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0689.JPG   119.08KB   40 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0690.JPG   122.4KB   36 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0691.JPG   122.72KB   40 downloads
Attached File  IMG_0692.JPG   120.3KB   35 downloads

Will be attending L4 this Jun at Strees of Willow Springs :)

#276 csmith12

csmith12

Cornering Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Sweet! Touch and go!

#277 warregl

warregl

Flight Risk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:49 AM

We kicked off our track season on 3/30 and 3/31 at VIR and I got my pictures in yesterday. I'm slowly working on getting my old bones off the side of that bike. I think that will be a focus in my level 4's in May.

It was a fun weekend (even with the rain on Sunday morning). And it was great to be at the track with friends again (it felt like a long winter). One of the things CSS provided me (in addition to world class training) is a whole new circle of friends. My core track day crew is made up of people I met at CSS so don't miss out on the opportunity to add some new friends when you are at the track

Attached Files

#278 Ismaic

Ismaic

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

Barber Motorsport Park - May 31st.

Thanks.

Attached Files

#279 Pepsi Drinker

Pepsi Drinker

Cornering Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:All things motorcycles, woodworking, fishing, canoeing, waterskiing, downhill skiiing

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

VIR May 13/14.

Attached Files

#280 tunnelvision748

tunnelvision748

Cornering Apprentice

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 05:41 AM

Finished levels 1 & 2 at Streets of Willow (april 21 & 22 - 2014) - Special shout out and thanks to the staff at Superbike school, they run a well oiled machine.  Also want to give a shout out to my instructor James and they other track instructors who helped me during the course.  You all rock! Can't wait to come back for next levels.

I had gone riding the weekend before and then the weekend following my class.  I felt completely different on my bike the weekend after and was stoked to be riding again.  Granted my bike was no beast like the BMW's, but I felt I was able to realize more of its potential. I still have more to learn and practice, but I feel i'm on a healthy path.

Here is a before and after Superbike School pic of me on my bike coming around the big hairpin 'Snake' on Mulholland.  Sorry for the watermark, I've bought many pics from the Rockstore photos guy and will be buying more later.

bikepics-2664092-full.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users