For Those About To Seca

Yes, those are my words.

FOURTEEN DAYS

Would you like me to correct the spelling? :P

I just discovered this crazy thread, and I want to let you lunatics know I'll be there, too. In fourteen days. Look forward to meeting you. :) I WAS trying to work, now I have this countdown going on in my head!!!

I guess I better go home and start stuffing steel wool into my aftermarket exhaust pipe, Laguna is COMING UP SOON!!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where have you been Hotfoot? You are going to Laguna Seca and you are just finding this thread!

Domina, should we let him in?

And yes correct the damn spelling...you have made me paranoid about it now. Just that much more pressure to deal with...I might have to assign Hotfoot a count down day.

Yes, those are my words.

FOURTEEN DAYS

I just discovered this crazy thread, and I want to let you lunatics know I'll be there, too. In fourteen days. Look forward to meeting you. :) I WAS trying to work, now I have this countdown going on in my head!!!

I guess I better go home and start stuffing steel wool into my aftermarket exhaust pipe, Laguna is COMING UP SOON!!

Don't forget the ginko and the Echinecea :lol:

Where have you been Hotfoot? You are going to Laguna Seca and you are just finding this thread!

Are you kidding?! Hotfoot just volunteered to cover countdown the next time you choose shirk your duties to run off and have fun! (Congratulations on the new times, BTW.)

And yes correct the damn spelling (See below.)...you have made me paranoid about it now. Just that much more pressure to deal with...I might have to assign Hotfoot a count down day. (See above.)

"I knew when I started the count down ("countdown" is the Americanism, otherwise, "count-down") that certain responsibilities came with the job. This count down is too important to be left to those not up to the task. (i.e., Domina) The baton was passed and I must keep going till (??? "until" would be proper, " 'til" is commonly accepted but, you till the soil.) the end."

Yes, those are my words.

FOURTEEN DAYS

I just discovered this crazy thread, and I want to let you lunatics know I'll be there, too. In fourteen days. Look forward to meeting you. :)Ditto. I WAS trying to work, now I have this countdown going on in my head!!! Feel my pain, buddy.

I guess I better go home and start stuffing steel wool into my aftermarket exhaust pipe, Laguna is COMING UP SOON!! Fourteen days. I can't wait and, I have way too much to do!!!

Yes, those are my words.

FOURTEEN DAYS

Don't forget the ginko (Ginkgo. Biloba is optional.)and the Echinecea (Gold Star!!) :lol:

And yes correct the damn spelling...you have made me paranoid about it now. Just that much more pressure to deal with...I might have to assign Hotfoot a count down day.

Noooo... don't hang that awesome responsibility on me, clearly I have not been keeping up with things on the forum adequately, so best not to trust me with the countdown (is this the agreed-upon spelling?) just yet. Oh, and I'm a "her", not a "him", just so ya know. And yes, I am the one that Cobie got with the kill-switch trick - he pulled up really close so I thought he had something really important to tell me... then he killed my engine and zipped away. :blink:

Where will you guys be coming from? What Level will you be riding? Have you ridden Laguna before, and did you make sure your bike is quiet enough?

Noooo... don't hang that awesome responsibility on me, clearly I have not been keeping up with things on the forum adequately, so best not to trust me with the countdown (is this the agreed-upon spelling?) just yet. Oh, and I'm a "her", not a "him", just so ya know. And yes, I am the one that Cobie got with the kill-switch trick - he pulled up really close so I thought he had something really important to tell me... then he killed my engine and zipped away. :blink:

Where will you guys be coming from? What Level will you be riding? Have you ridden Laguna before, and did you make sure your bike is quiet enough?

And, you, too, feel my pain! Why me? (I don't think anything's agreed upon. But, good one.) Sorry, I should know better! Cob's dating himself-that's hella old school. You're lucky he didn't take off with your key.

I'm riding up from LA-Kevin needs to stop the evil, soggy thoughts-on a leisurely run up the PCH. Leaving Saturday, staying over in San Simeon, and then hitting Monterey on Sunday. Haven't done Seca, only Willow. Riding one of the ZXs.

Wow,

What happened! Hotfoot is a she not a he! Domina is correcting my spelling! JayBird just chimes in anytime he likes and now Kevin drops the "R" word! Holy ######! This is unacceptable people! I'm going to bed.

Wow,

What happened! Hotfoot is a she not a he! Domina is correcting my spelling! JayBird just chimes in anytime he likes and now Kevin drops the "R" word! Holy ######! This is unacceptable people! I'm going to bed.

Go ahead. Take another day off. Triple dog dare.

www.vimeo.com/3950837 A ride around Jennings GP. I mounted my camera facing the rear to get some video of a friend. A beautiful day at a little track out in the middle of nowhere. The track was designed by Ed Bargy and has a great set up out of turn one, a long left hander into a 120 mph left hander then a very technical back section.....www.jenningsgp.com/thetrack.htm

I will continue the countdown in the a.m.

Wow,

Gee, hate to nitpick, but I think you spelled ##### wrong, too. :rolleyes:

Hotfoot,

You're fitting right in........................THIRTEEN DAYS

p.s. I don't think the spell check works on this forum.

Hey,

I entered a four letter word! The website defaulted to #####! I didn't do it.

Wow,

Gee, hate to nitpick, but I think you spelled ##### wrong, too. :rolleyes:

And, Fossil thought I wouldn't want you here. Silly, silly boy.

www.vimeo.com/3950837 A ride around Jennings GP. I mounted my camera facing the rear to get some video of a friend. A beautiful day at a little track out in the middle of nowhere. The track was designed by Ed Bargy and has a great set up out of turn one, a long left hander into a 120 mph left hander then a very technical back section.....www.jenningsgp.com/thetrack.htm

I will continue the countdown in the a.m.

You're going to have so much more fun pointing and laughing while I putt around the track now!

Need me some cameras, though..... Just for when someone decides to park their SUV on my foot-again.

Hotfoot,

You're fitting right in........................THIRTEEN DAYS

p.s. I don't think the spell check works on this forum.

You'd think these people would wise-up and pay me to go home. Don't they realize I have important motorcycle things to do?!?!

It appears that two women are ganging up on me...? Am I lucky or what! You guys are probably better riders too.

Hotfoot asked a couple of questions earlier about where we were from and schools....

My wife and I are from Spanish Fort, Al. only a mile or so from Mobile Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. We are meeting two other couples in Houston for the flight to San Jose. We are staying in a rental house that is only about three miles from the track. We will be there for the week arriving on Saturday and look forward to touring up and down the coast. (I would really like to surf!)

This session will be my 9th and 10th with Keith Code. I have attended CSS at Barber, The Streets Of Willow, and Virginia International Raceway. My friends and I will be riding in level IV ( "as long as we behave" Cobie Fair ).

I have been riding sportbikes since 2004 when I did my first track day. I low sided my first time out. I then low sided my second time out. Inspite of the faliure, I still loved the sport and decided to take a CSS class. It changed my perspective on riding and what was possible for me to achieve. So here I am now riding in the expert class, "A" NESBA and about to attend my 9th and 10th CSS school. I will be racing WERA at Barber in May, two races that will qualify me for endurance racing next year. All goals that I set for myself. I'm 53 going on 23. So there you have it.

It appears that two women are ganging up on me...? Am I lucky or what! You guys are probably better riders too.

Hotfoot asked a couple of questions earlier about where we were from and schools....

My wife and I are from Spanish Fort, Al. only a mile or so from Mobile Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. We are meeting two other couples in Houston for the flight to San Jose. We are staying in a rental house that is only about three miles from the track. We will be there for the week arriving on Saturday and look forward to touring up and down the coast. (I would really like to surf!)

This session will be my 9th and 10th with Keith Code. I have attended CSS at Barber, The Streets Of Willow, and Virginia International Raceway. My friends and I will be riding in level IV ( "as long as we behave" Cobie Fair ).

I have been riding sportbikes since 2004 when I did my first track day. I low sided my first time out. I then low sided my second time out. Inspite of the faliure, I still loved the sport and decided to take a CSS class. It changed my perspective on riding and what was possible for me to achieve. So here I am now riding in the expert class, "A" NESBA and about to attend my 9th and 10th CSS school. I will be racing WERA at Barber in May, two races that will qualify me for endurance racing next year. All goals that I set for myself. I'm 53 going on 23. So there you have it.

Maybe then there's hope for me :lol:

Fantastic! Sounds like a great trip, and cool that you are coming with friends. My husband and I will be there the 14th and 15th, riding Level 4. My first time at CSS was also my first time on a 600 cc bike and my first time on the track. I've come a long way since then (and done lots of schools) but I probably don't ride at the pace you do... yet. :) Sounds like there will be a pack of Level 4 riders, should be a BLAST.

The video of the track is very cool. Personally, I've never been on that track before, so any videos like that are a good learning tool.

I'll be going to level 1 on the 15th, so I don't know if I'll get a chance to meet some of you.

I've been reading this post with envy, since I was put on the waiting list a couple of weeks ago. Now I'm IN, and I'm not so green (with envy) anymore.

I'm so excited it's almost child-like. It's a good thing the class is soon, or I don't know what I'd do.

My brothers and I have been to LS numerous times over the years. But I've always been on the spectator side of the fence.

Just last weekend my brothers (in-law) both had a track-day there, and they called me all jazzed-up about their day. I'm freakin' out...... Let's do it !!

OK. How does this work again?

Oh yeah.......

13 MORE DAYS