Where We Are, And What We Are Doing

"Not wrong at all. Pete also farts a lot."

Is that why his nick name is wipes...;)

No, he's pretty neat and clean--he always has a good supply of wipes to keep stuff clean.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The trip was very enjoyable -thanks Carey. We all work very hard here at the school, so when we get an opportunity to work and have fun at the same time, it's always enjoyed.

I do fart a lot. All the pro riders do it. :)

[Yeah, it was rough. Had to wake up to the view of the coast and mountains around 7:30 AM. Then talked about motorcycles and riding, watched guys ride, and helped some out -all while working on my tan. I totally felt like a work slave, disgruntled and all.

Life is not fair :angry: . this is the view from my office this morning... (-10C)

IMG00230-20110204-1028.jpg

OK, couldn't resist--here is a view out of one of our shop windows--at the top you can just make out the HOLLYWOOD sign. Let me know if you can see it.

CF

office,.JPG

OK, couldn't resist--here is a view out of one of our shop windows--at the top you can just make out the HOLLYWOOD sign. Let me know if you can see it.

CF

How cool is that to have the legendary sign out your office window!!!!!! Over 100deg F here for the last week, too hot! This weekend us Aussies are heading overseas to New Zealand for a few days, we love that place! then straight back for then next couple of days at Eastern Creek... What a great life we have!!!

I just noticed it today, one of the girls in the office pointed it out to me.

I have no idea how the frickin' picture got rotated 90 degrees, if you know how to straighten it...let me know.

CF

Here we go... attached.

I spoke too soon re: temperature... right here right now at 6:30pm in the evening its 115deg !

post-3274-0-76081300-1296891023_thumb.jpg

I guess then I shouldn't tell you about my 70 degree weather that I rode in today.....

I'm an old Florida boy myself so warm weather is my preferred clime. Probably the only thing I don't really like about Virginia is January and February so I was most pleased when the weather took an unexpected up turn this past weekend. It made it all the way up to 54! And we had rain Friday night so most of the sand and salt was washed off of the roads. I took full advantage of this unseasonable weather and reacquainted my posterior with the saddle.

It wasn't "70 degrees" good but at least I wasn't numb when I finally hit the garage. You SoCal folks think happy thoughts about us poor shlubs back east would you please?

And Jason, all I can say is hydrate well!

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from Vegas. Looked a little wet at first, but in the end, it dried up on the first day and worked out well. 2nd day started out nicely, had a tiny shower mid-afternoon, that dried off in about 8 minutues, and we were back on track, with another nice no-mishap day!

I shoudl have taken some pictures, as the snow in the surrounding mountains was a great view.

We had a nice productive visit from our European branch, including School Director Andy Ibbott, and one of his leading coaches, Gary Adshead as well as Mike Wood, the Chief Riding Coach from the Greek branch.

They were in town with Cheif Riding Coach Adam Raffe (Oz) for an intense week of training. We did a seminarist's workshop, to get a number of the guys up to the standard Keith has set. Hard work, lots of training and drilling, but good results.

A few weeks before we have to go back to Vegas, and then the season really starts to get moving, looking forward to it :rolleyes::)

Best,

CF

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Wow, been a bit busy lately (hence the reason I haven't been up here...:(.)

Keith went to Europe to both see Andy and work with some riders, Joe Roberts and Leon Camier. Joe ended up having a great practice at Jerez, and we'll see how Leon does, hope he is feeling better physically!

We have 6 days at the track straight, and I won't be able to get up here, so hope the regulars will carry the torch as they normally do! (Rainman, etc.)

If you do have a question for me, you can always e-mail: cobie@superbikeschool.com, the answer might be short (iphone), but I'll answer.

Best,

Cobie

I saw Keith at Silverstone last Wednesday, he was there with a couple of the kids I recognised from the TOTW DVD. He was walking past as I was lined up to go out and he saw the bike (S1000RR) and walked over. He then said to me 'What do you think of the bike then?' to which I said 'Yeah I love it!' and he then said 'Great, I've got 30 of them!'.

Cobie,

The Bill Young crew is coming to Infineon........we will have 10-riders each day. Bill just flew in from Dubai tonight, he get's to recoup on Sunday from jet lag, then off to school on Monday. We're both looking forward to school as we haven't been on the track together since Code Race in October...........see you soon.

Greg

Hi Greg,

Been so on the gas, didn't get to this, but of course saw all you guys there! Great 2 days, fantastic weather.

CF

Hi All,

Been totally on the gas with the schools, just a day or 2 in the office, then back on the road. Just finished 2 days at Sears (Infineon), and fantastic weather, 2 great days.

The response to the coach search e-mail was more than I anticipated, and I'm working to get all the applicants schedule for an interview. That is going well so far and the timing is good as Keith will be spendig a bit of time in Europe this year, both doing some schools as well as working with some of our racers (Leon, Joe Roberts, Austin Dehaven).

As many know that has also been going very well.

While I'm on the road like this, often w/out decent internet access (just the iphone leash), if you have a question, feel free to e-mail me directly, even to just bring my attention to a particular post.

I'd much rather here from you guys that not!

A few more days and then we are off to Laguna (but I will be home for the weekend, woohooo!).

Best,

Cobie

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All!

I've been absent way too long! Wejust finished the busiest April on record (it went very well), of schools here in the US. To add to that, the response from the coach search e-mail we sent out yielded WAY more applications than ever before, I'm still working my way through them and scheduling interviews.

I'll work to get back up here in the coming days, and if anyone needs to contact me, feel free to e-mail me directly: cobie@superbikeschool.com

Best,

Cobie

ps--neil, you were going to change that lame picture!

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Been gone way too long. Might need to figure out how to use mobile app for the I-leash...

Well, just finished an excellent trip. The last 4 days at Barber were a little warm, but totally dry and quite fun. One nice thing about it being warm, just don't have to spend much time warming the tires up.

Not sure how many of you know about our internal training program, but in essence we have 4 levels of coaches. We just graduated another level 4 coach, Jon Groom. It's possible he has done it faster than any other, so that is pretty impressive. Don't tell Jon that though, I'll have to get him a larger helmet :). As a part Brit (he's been here a while), you could buy him a beer though and he'd like it.

His son, Ian recently finished his first level of training, doing well also. Aside from Keith and Dylan, first time we've had 2 generations coaching I think..., pretty cool really.

4 days of schools coming up at the Streets, looking forward to those, tempurature should be just about ideal, and it's the desert, not likely we'll get wet.

If I haven't said this enough, I'll include it here: any questions you have for me, if I'm not up here shoot me an e-mail: cobie@superbikeschool.com. Or a particular thread you'd like looked over, if I know I'll make it happen. Normally, I get up here and I just want to see it all!

Best,

Cobie

Cobie,

Glad to hear you all had a good trip, even considering the Alabama heat. I spent a few years down there myself (War Eagle!) and it's not for the faint of heart.

Great news about Jon (I really appreciated his help reviewing my camera bike footage last month). And it's cool that you have another father/son coaching combination at the school.

Be safe,

Carey

Thanks Carey,

Just now back from Streets, and missed the famous "June Gloom" that happens in LA. It was 70's in LA and 80-90-s at track! OK, can't complain too much, it was dry and no wind to speak of.

We had 4 solid days, the last 2 being no incidents of any kind. One thing that I did notice was a few students making an error...I just realized, I should start a thread on this.

Coach training continues at a good pace, we all had a pop quiz on the last 2 days of training. This was on some of our technical material, and very good to have to review it, keeps us sharp.

Best,

CF

• 2 months later...

Hi All!

Been gone way to long! In fact, the only reason I'm back is got a break with Irene raining out one of our military schools, so jumped a plain and re-acquanted myself with my family.

Schools on the east went really, really, well. T/bolt was great, weather cooperated, same for VIR. Both outstanding tracks, really enjoyed the days, and with students that keep coming back its really meeting old friends again.

For those that interested in the latest in the staff names thread, I just posted a short one there...I think one of the guys got a name that will stick, you'll see if you read it.

As always, if you post something that I should see, shoot me an e-mail, I'll make the time to get up here!

Best,

Cobie

• 3 weeks later...

Now we are really back in the office, no long trips scheduled (at least until this winter).

Just finished 4 days in NJ, and honestly thought we were going to get very wet. Turned out pretty decent with the rain coming, but not staying. The last day I thought for sure we'd be swimming and we had a pretty decent day, never even put the rain gear on!

NJMP is really a nice track, I enjoy it more and more each time I go.

CF