My Night Race 25/4/2009

Well I put all my effort in this race and with a lot of fighting and pain in my leg, and I managed to pull some great times.

I started in 19th on the grid from 28, bad start as always but I started advancing till I finished 10th over all and 7th in my division from 17 riders. My Best lap 2:16.161 ( last race I did 2:20.210

The race was a night race, it was magnificent, very different from racing in the day but way to cooler from the day time ( 115F ).

In this race I was having lots of problems on the when I am leaning to the right, in the free practice the right knee slider was grounded to the end and I had to change it and also in the qualifying the same thing happened. In the race I finished the race with my knee looking like this ( see attachment ). What do you think I shod do?

this is a video of the warm up before the race:

click

post-15203-1240842572_thumb.jpg

post-15203-1240843439_thumb.jpg

Great job on the racing, and racing at night!

I'm guessing if you are having problems on one side of the bike, your position is different on that side. We get this often at the school. It's one of the reasons (main reason now) Keith made the Lean Bike. Any chance you could get to ride it?

Cobie

Just regarding the sliders, it looks like you should move where you place the knee puck. It looks like you're hitting only the top corner of the puck. Move it around to get it to slide flat or as close as possible. Also, you may want to try different knee sliders and see how they wear.

An ex-racer once told me, 'I don't want to drag my knee, knee pucks are expensive! (laughs)' Then he said, 'I can use it as a gauge to tell me where I am, but the drag (pavement friction) slows me down.'

An ex-racer once told me, 'I don't want to drag my knee, knee pucks are expensive! (laughs)' Then he said, 'I can use it as a gauge to tell me where I am, but the drag (pavement friction) slows me down.'

It's for sure a good lean angle gauge.

That's Qatar. How did you get so lucky? Nice video. It's seldom that I get to ride with someone who is the same speed as me because I'm so inconsistent. I've gotten to do it just a couple times, and love it. You with the guy at the beginning of the video made me think of it.

thank you guys and gals for passing and giving your opinions.

i made this video from the warm up laps before the race, i did not give it my all but was trying to get some RPs in the turns.

in the race i managed to get consistent times.

I was curious, is there any substantial glare from the lights? Did you find that hard at all?

CF

thank you guys and gals for passing and giving your opinions.

i made this video from the warm up laps before the race, i did not give it my all but was trying to get some RPs in the turns.

in the race i managed to get consistent times.

Hey No;

Since you tape your races, why not post up a clip of say your best lap so members here can offer you some specific feedback on what they observe. We have numerous active racers here (Greg Gorman, Hotfoot, FossilFuel, Firebeast, Glamizon to name just a few and my apologies to those I didn't mention) who could offer opinions if you like.

Kevin

Well I put all my effort in this race and with a lot of fighting and pain in my leg, and I managed to pull some great times.

I started in 19th on the grid from 28, bad start as always but I started advancing till I finished 10th over all and 7th in my division from 17 riders. My Best lap 2:16.161 ( last race I did 2:20.210

The race was a night race, it was magnificent, very different from racing in the day but way to cooler from the day time ( 115F ).

In this race I was having lots of problems on the when I am leaning to the right, in the free practice the right knee slider was grounded to the end and I had to change it and also in the qualifying the same thing happened. In the race I finished the race with my knee looking like this ( see attachment ). What do you think I shod do?

this is a video of the warm up before the race:

click

I enjoyed your video. I'm sure you'd have fun comparing your lines on video to a video of MotoGP.

i did not tape the race because one of my friends wanted to tape his race so i gave him my camera, my best lap in the warm up was 2:22 and that is very far from my race lap 2:16

there is some glare from the light but it is a clear view.

some of the mistakes that i am still making is braking too early on some left turns and with the 3 apexes i always turn early in the last turn.

in the first turn it feels like i am drifting in the turn, when i asked the faster guys about this any they told me " ya this is normal ".

• 1 month later...