Tire Warmers

I have the michelin power ones. Awesome tires. Pressures are 30/30 cold. I just started to play around with them on pressures. I was told by the vendor to not keep checking these tires throughout the day. Set em and forget em. Using some tire warmers this weekend at the track that are a privateer race teams I'm borrowing. ChickenHawk all the way...

I have the michelin power ones. Awesome tires. Pressures are 30/30 cold. I just started to play around with them on pressures. I was told by the vendor to not keep checking these tires throughout the day. Set em and forget em. Using some tire warmers this weekend at the track that are a privateer race teams I'm borrowing. ChickenHawk all the way...

Wow, 30/30? My Michelin guy is recommending 29/21 for the Power Ones! That's an awfully big difference! There are two different types of Power Ones available, the "retail" ones that you can get in a motorcycle store or from a Parts Unlimited type distributor, and the track version that is only available from trackside suppliers, which come in Hard, Soft, Med Soft, etc versions. Which ones are you on? I am running the track version, V front, Med Soft, and they are telling me 29/21 cold. I asked about hot pressures and he said the same thing your guy said, 'don't bother, just set them cold.'

I did run the 'retail' version a few months ago, and actually liked them better, they were not as stiff and I thought gave better feedback, but they had a little less grip. I think they were set to more like 30/30.

Isn't it irritating that they sell two totally different types of tires under the same name?