Staff Nicknames

Just in case you thought we ONLY talked aobut serious riding issues, I'm introducing the nickname thread. Hey Bullet, want to move your post over here?

We are looking for nicknames for the statt/coaches. Chime in, if you are brave :).

CF

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just in case you thought we ONLY talked aobut serious riding issues, I'm introducing the nickname thread. Hey Bullet, want to move your post over here?

We are looking for nicknames for the statt/coaches. Chime in, if you are brave :) .

CF

Here are the current UK coaches names, and as you'll notice they're way funnier than the US ones, and cooler too..... ! :lol: PLease feel free to offer additional ideas if you know a coach who doesn't have one, and please use these as inspiration for US cousins!

Hollywood - coz he's always the one on the telly!

JET - coz it's actually just his initals, (cool bastard)

The Magnet, aka Westlife - Animal magnetism with the ladies...well, he says

Nemo - coz he's a naive as a the aforementioned little fish

Squirrel - he has red bushy hair like a squirrel

Badger - he's got a white eyebrow

Walrus - Snores like one

Flash - like the cartoon character

Spidey - He's actually a cool bodywork painter, and painted a Melandri rep on his RSV

Bullet - Actually because I shave my head and I've got a pointy head (and you all thought it was coz I was quick)..

Lord R - Coz he never gets his hands dirty, aka he's always Lording it up

Gloom - He's our mechanic, and if you met him, you'd see why, (miserable bastard).. :lol:

Bullet

Okay, these are all the coaches and staff that I know of from my school days, and a couple that I've never met, gotten from the CSS website.

If you have an idea for a nickname, or a favorite just post it in the thread and I'll update the list right here in this post.

If you know of any names that should be here and aren't or that are here and shouldn't be just PM me and I'll edit it. Also, if you see a nickname that you DON'T want to be saddled with... PM me and I'll remove it, otherwise it may stick.

*EDIT* Thanks to a great post by Pete (Wipes), I've added nickname explanations and a color code: red is a nickname that has at least been partially established and yellow is a proposed nickname.

THE LIST:

James Toohey: Hammer - Because he beats on the bikes.

Lonnie Etter: Dawg

Kristi M.: Hot Laps - She never does hot laps, but she picked the wrong day to do 5 in a row.

Pete: Wipes - Because he carries moist wipes with him almost everywhere.

Cobie: Comet

Keith: The Admiral

Dylan: Shades

Stoney Landers: Legs

Josh Galster: DC -Where do I start? For one he should have his own Disney show singing to preschoolers. I think DC=Disney Channel.

Trevor: T-Bone, Boss Hogg - ? I think Timmy named him that - some sort of buddy love.

Stuart Smith: Stuman - Goes without saying.

Misti:

Will Eikenberry: Wildebeest - Will-the-beast? Just guessing. Personally I also liked "Polar Bear"... I've never seen Will in pants, even when I'm wearing a down jacket.

Jason Paden: JT - We just call him JT right?

Andy Burnett: Claws - He's a climber and has big hands..?

Travis Graham:

Mike Smith: Relic - He's been working at CSS longer than Keith.

Mike Isbill: Norris - He has a better mustache than Chuck Norris, plus he was a cop.

Mike Pesicka: Bam-Bam - He looks like Bam-Bam from the Flinestones, and crashes bikes.

Jon Groom: Gramps - He is a grandfather.

Tim Johnson: Timmer - Not sure, again sounds like buddy love to me.

Jim Small:

Greg Gorman: Gomer - Ask Lonnie, he made this up.

Hieu Pham:

Mark Halyak:

James Brown: Junior -Have to listen to the Junior Brown song about Highway Patrol, you'll know why.

Kevin Quinn:

John Robshaw:

Jeff Rozycki: Jefro - Goes without saying.

Steve McCarthy:

Michael Lenz:

Echo Lubarsky:

Whitney Fair:

Judy Code:

Carla:

Here's some ideas:

Keith - The Admiral

Trevor- T-Bone, Boss

Josh Galster- Curly

Okay, another possibility for Trevor: Boss Hog, and one for James Brown... The Godfather of Soul? LOL, chime if you love it or hate it.

When I took the school earlier this year Keith and I were chatting and I called him ..."The Master of Masters" ...he said 'pardon me' I said, your..."The Master of Masters"...a smile swept across his face as he nod is head up and down and said... 'I like that'

That's my nickname for him...

BCNU

Master of Masters eh, that's a little long for the leathers though...

Lonnie is "Dawg" but one of the UK guys already has "Hollywood" don't think we'd want to swipe that one.

I got Pete to get off his duff, said he'd get up here and have a look.

I think we ought to get the office staff up here too:

LW--one more office staff, and that is Carla.

James Brown already has one, it's "Junior". Have to listen to the Junior Brown song about Highway Patrol, you'll know why.

CF

Bullet has given the reasons why the UK instructors have their particular nickname, I think we should do the same...Wipes? I must say...I am a little curious? :blink:

Thanks,

BCNU

In most cases, they're because of a physical thing about them, or something they've done, thats typically outstanding and memorable. They're all agreed by consensus, and once you get one, you're unlikely to ever get it changed..... whether its good, or bad. We've even got them on the back of our leathers now! :lol:

Bullet

Okay, first of all I love Junior Brown. Not many people in So Cal have heard of him though so I really dig that you mentioned him Cobie!

I'll be removing "Hollywood" and unfortunately I guess I won't be able to add "Flash" as a nickname for Cobie so... keep thinking guys.

I asked Pete about his nickname and from what I gather, when you are on the road a bit (driving the CSS rig?) you don't always have access to a nice warm shower and baby wipes come in handy. Apparently Pete always has them, hence the nickname: Wipes.

I'm pretty sure we could come up with a completely fictitious but much more interesting explanation though.

I vote "Flash" for Cobie, partly because he's fast, but mainly because of his tendency to change clothes in full view of classrooms full of students. :P

Oh wait, is that one already taken by a UK coach? Darn...

LOL, okay, what about "Comet" it doesn't have the same ring as "Flash" but it's also fast and if you go looking for one you're likely to get an eyeful of the "Moon".... too ridiculous? Chime in on this one guys!

You guys are funny! But isn't Flash already taken? I can't say I'd disagree with that one though, at the end of a hot day in leathers, I don't CARE who is watching. Kristi usually walks in about then...speaking of Kristi, Baywatch--dude, are you just trying to get us in trouble?

Okay here we go... So this is my first post as a forum member, and I don't think there could have been a better topic.

I think we should start with the full-timers, heavy part-timers or those who already have a nickname. So I've adjusted "The List".

KEY:

Red - names that have so far stuck.

Yellow - proposed.

Green - my attempt to nickname.

THE LIST:

Lonnie Etter: Dawg - Not sure why.

Kristi M.: Hot Laps - She never does hot laps, but she picked the wrong day to do 5 in a row.

Pete: Wipes - Because I carry moist wipes with me almost everywhere.

Cobie: ?

Keith: The Admiral - Goes without saying.

Dylan: Shades - Goes without saying.

Stoney Landers: ?

Josh Galster: DC, Disney or Happy Feet Where do I start? For one he should have his own Disney show singing to preschoolers.

Trevor: T-Bone - ? I think Timmy named him that - some sort of buddy love.

Will Eikenberry: MacGyver, Polar Bear - I don't know about you, but I wouldn't call him anything but Will. :)

Jason Paden: JT - We just call him JT right?

Andy Burnett: Claws - He's a climber and has big hands..?

Mike Isbill: Norris - He has a better mustache than Chuck Norris, plus he was a cop.

Mike Pesicka: Bam-Bam - He looks like Bam-Bam from the Flinestones, and crashes bikes.

Greg Gorman: Gomer - Ask Lonnie, he made this up.

James Brown: Junior - Not sure how this came about.

I was simply stumped on a few.

Cheers,

Great post Pete, thanks for chiming in! I'll amend the original list at the top of the page, and for the record I definitely like "Shades" for Dylan and "Norris" for Mike Isbill. Thanks to all the other forum members who posted, if I didn't add your name to the top of the list it's probably because it was for a coach who already had an established nickname.

I tried to make some additions, change a color, couldn't read it that well, so my 2 cents, preceded by my initials, CF

Okay here we go... So this is my first post as a forum member, and I don't think there could have been a better topic.

I think we should start with the full-timers, heavy part-timers or those who already have a nickname. So I've adjusted "The List".

KEY:

Red - names that have so far stuck.

Yellow - proposed.

Green - my attempt to nickname.

THE LIST:

Lonnie Etter: Dawg - Not sure why.

Pete: Wipes - Because I carry moist wipes with me almost everywhere.

Cobie: ? CF--Flash was pretty good, but already taken.

Keith: The Admiral - Goes without saying.

Dylan: Shades - Goes without saying.

Stoney Landers: ? CF--call him "Legs". He lives to ride his bike, and his legs are about 4 feet long.

Josh Galster: DC, Disney or Happy Feet Where do I start? For one he should have his own Disney show singing to preschoolers. CF--DC for sure, on so many levels.

Trevor: T-Bone - ? I think Timmy named him that - some sort of buddy love. CF--Boss Hogg!!!

Will Eikenberry: MacGyver, Polar Bear - I don't know about you, but I wouldn't call him anything but Will. :) Guys, he has a name: Wildabeest (spelling?)

Jason Paden: JT - We just call him JT right? CF wish we could do better, but...?

Andy Burnett: Claws - He's a climber and has big hands..? CF--OH yeah, perfect.

Mike Isbill: Norris - He has a better mustache than Chuck Norris, plus he was a cop. CF--Perfect.

Greg Gorman: Gomer - Ask Lonnie, he made this up. CF--?

James Brown: Junior - Not sure how this came about. CF--Junior Brown, sings a funny song about "Highway Patrol".

I was simply stumped on a few.

Cheers,

Bwahahaha, that's a good one Pete. I like "Wheels" better than this, but you could also call him "Gypsy" on account of the mobile home.

Although Timmer is what everybody usually calls me, I'm really surprised that you guys couldn't come up with something more creative for mine. I am the #1 ###### giver and ###### taker at the US school and "Timmer" is the best you guys have got? Come on! Haha

Something tells me I might regret posting this. Haha