How Does This Comply With Your Instructions?

Once I got to the front I started to get into my rhythm but I lost the front end a couple of times in long corners so I made the decision to try to ride a bit smoother and not put so much pressure on the front tyre with the full tank. Unfortunately that is what led to the crash because looking at the telemetry I didn't have enough load on the front, so I guess in hindsight I should have stuck to the way I'd been riding all weekend.

When and where do you need to apply this pressure? How will rolling on the throttle a little affect this?

If the front is too light, it can slide (Keith covers this in Twist 2). Not letting it move back and forth as needed, can also make it slide.

Where did you find this quote?

Best,

CF

Stoner is quoting it in all the media stuff as a description of his crash Cobie. I saw it on crash.net myself.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/158653/1/...atar_crash.html

Bullet

OK--this got my interest, and I shot Keith a note on this, here is his comment:

But he didn't mention if he was on the brakes or not, just that there wasn't enough weight on the front. From what Rossi says, the Bridgestones need a lot of weight on them so perhaps he didn't have the bike set up to transfer the weight forward enough to maintain his braking, if he was braking. Stoner's comment brings up more questions than it answers. KC

When watching the race, it did look like he'd crashed reasonably early in that turn, so you'd expect it was a very good candidate for trailbraking in that caused it, however, there wasn't good enough video replays to know one way or other other.

Bullet

I agree it looked like it was under braking, but if I read him correctly, he was either not braking hard enough or not forcing the change of direction hard enough, which seems a little strange. Then again, F1 cars will go off the track if they're not going fast enough around corners to generate enough downforce and hence grip, so who knows? Not me ;)

When watching the race, it did look like he'd crashed reasonably early in that turn, so you'd expect it was a very good candidate for trailbraking in that caused it, however, there wasn't good enough video replays to know one way or other other.

Bullet

I don't understand where you guy saw this... the only coverage available here (US) was on the MotoGP website but their coverage didn't have the crash. It was really annoying but I just figured they didn't get any video of it?

Bullet

I don't understand where you guy saw this... the only coverage available here (US) was on the MotoGP website but their coverage didn't have the crash. It was really annoying but I just figured they didn't get any video of it?

Did you see the race on Speed? It was on Sunday.

CF

No I watched the full coverage on MotoGP.com, did they show the crash on SPEED?

I was kind of annoyed that Dovi passed Hayden right at the end... even though I think everyone saw it coming! Nice to see Hayden have such a good race and I guess if someone had to beat him at least it was Dovi who seems like a good guy and even remarked that he was fortunate the Honda pulled so hard on the straight.

No I watched the full coverage on MotoGP.com, did they show the crash on SPEED?

I was kind of annoyed that Dovi passed Hayden right at the end... even though I think everyone saw it coming! Nice to see Hayden have such a good race and I guess if someone had to beat him at least it was Dovi who seems like a good guy and even remarked that he was fortunate the Honda pulled so hard on the straight.

They only showed a piece of it, couldn't get the whole thing. What pissed me off was no after race commentary from the racers!

Great to see Nicky back up there, hope he keeps it up.

Honda---motor!

CF

Yeah, I know what you mean about the post race coverage, that's why I like MotoGP.com, they have moto2, all the interviews, press conferences, etc. Very in depth.

Since they didn't show the crash on speed I'm wondering if maybe there just wasn't a camera on him at that second?

Honda---motor!

Did you notice (if it was in your coverage) that Rossi had almost the slowest top speed out there? I like that, LOL!

Not almost - THE lowest top speed. Rossi and Lorenzo complained about wheelspin preventing a good drive out of the corners (low end speed), Burgess hinted that Rossi was overgeared because they had planned for him to sit in Stoner's draft (not enough power). Who knows?

OK, they're probably right. Rossi was last on the list shown on the live TV coverage after the race.

Actually, now that you mention it I think that's what I saw on the MotoGP coverage as well :P , doesn't really matter though, either way they were fast on "slow" bikes.