Regardless, that is an AWESOME photo!

Fontana looks like a cool track.

Racer

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
272182864hdwwrofu1nl1.th.jpg

This is a typical Pacific Northwest late March Adrenaline Freaks trackday. Gotta love playin in the snow!

uh, no thanks on riding in the snow (at least on a track) unless I really had to :)

C

272182864hdwwrofu1nl1.th.jpg

This is a typical Pacific Northwest late March Adrenaline Freaks trackday. Gotta love playin in the snow!

uh, no thanks on riding in the snow (at least on a track) unless I really had to :)

C

Yes I would agree under most circumstances. I however knew I would be racing the next day and the forcast was for more of the same. I figured I might as well try and get used to it for the Sat. race. It was my last race to graduate out of Novice. We did have more of the same for the practices but by the time the race came around it was just a monsoon of a rain instead of the white stuff. I would have to say I really think it was because of the skills and the aproach to riding I learned with the Superbike School that allowed me to keep her on two wheels. The skills I learned on the slide bike have saved my bacon on way more than a couple of occasions. I didn't fare as well as I would have liked in the wet race (took 3rd). Especially after leading the entire race up till the last corner. I learned there is another aspect of my game I need to put some effort into. "Racecraft" as I have heard it called before. I will have a better plan for that aspect next time out for sure.

Sanfret;

That's a really impressive young rider you're managing there. I seem to remember his dad was a fairly talented rider himself. I rode with him at CodeRACE back in 2004 and if memory serves, he did the double that weekend winning both races...I wonder what happened to that guy... ; )

Kevin Kane

Sanfret;

That's a really impressive young rider you're managing there. I seem to remember his dad was a fairly talented rider himself. I rode with him at CodeRACE back in 2004 and if memory serves, he did the double that weekend winning both races...I wonder what happened to that guy... ; )

Kevin Kane

um... I think he retired to spend time kick starting his son's RSF150R :) Good to speak to you again Mr. Kane.

Sanfret;

Kevin Kane

um... I think he retired to spend time kick starting his son's RSF150R :) Good to speak to you again Mr. Kane.

true slackers have electric starter equipped bikes. I guess that's me!

C

Sanfret gets the gold sticky star! Pacific Raceway in Kent, WA. I will be out there again this weekend hopefully in a little bit warmer conditions. Unfortunately it's looking like the first dry stint will have to wait a few more weekends as it looks like we will be playing in the rain.... again! here is another snow day pic. Might be a bit small but it was definatley snowing. If you click on the pic you might be able to see the snow.

2721787883mmveojp5.th.jpg

Sanfret gets the gold sticky star! Pacific Raceway in Kent, WA. I will be out there again this weekend hopefully in a little bit warmer conditions. Unfortunately it's looking like the first dry stint will have to wait a few more weekends as it looks like we will be playing in the rain.... again! here is another snow day pic. Might be a bit small but it was definatley snowing. If you click on the pic you might be able to see the snow.

I'll stick with my theme of being a bit of a slacker, and riding in the rain/cold only when I absolutely have to (like a school).

I'll stick with my theme of being a bit of a slacker, and riding in the rain/cold only when I absolutely have to (like a school).

I was at Pacific last Wed 4/9 for the 2-Fast performance school. It started out dicy with temps in the low 30s, dense fog and very slick track. the first session at 9am was a slow parade but by 10am the sun was out and the rest of the day was glorious and warm (for up here). It was great to be able to apply the new skills from the camp I attended in March on my bike in my gear on our home track. One thing though, I couldn't find those yellow X's on the track anywhere ;-) Photos have not been posted yet by Studio819, once they are I'll put some links in here. I'm already signed up to go back May 8th, can't wait!

I have been trying to study and put into practice everything that I learned from CSS. Here is my second track day after taking the CSS class in June '07, the first time returning to this track.

I actually got to test some of the knowledge when going through the kink, a quick L/R, after the Alabama Rollercoaster. It had rained the night before so the track still had wet spots and water seeping onto it. I was rolling on the throttle as I hit a wet seam. I (surpised) could feel the back end start to slide ever so slightly to my left. I had always kept in mind the turning exercise and immediately kept my body position, but stood the bike up a weee bit...sliding stopped and I was no worse for the wear. My track day coach happened to be in front looking back and witnessed my foray into drifting. He said I did well. I owe that compliment to CSS.

I still have a lot of work to do, but thanks, again, CSS!

CPA_8596.jpg

CPA_9669.jpg

I even felt comfortable enough to have fun with the photographer

CPA_9795.jpg

IMG_8073.jpg

IMG_8074.jpg

Good job on handling that slide!

I had a look at your photos, wondered if we'd gotten you to Level 2 and 3 yet? If not, consider that, we have some stuff we can do there that will help you on the bike. If you have done level 2, let me know.

Best,

Cobie

I had a look at your photos, wondered if we'd gotten you to Level 2 and 3 yet? If not, consider that, we have some stuff we can do there that will help you on the bike. If you have done level 2, let me know.

Best,

Cobie

Thanks, Cobie.

I did Levels I & II on the same weekend. It was my understanding that Level III gets more into body position, so decided to keep working with my basics another year. I did learn how quicly reference points need to change. My fastest lap with you guys was around 2:15. My fastest lap this weekend was 1:56. NO WHERE NEAR THE SAME TURN IN POINTS! I found that I can go faster if I am being towed, but that doesn't count in my book.

I got another day @ Barber in September to do some more work.

Look for me in Level III next summer, though!

Best,

Cobie

Thanks, Cobie.

I did Levels I & II on the same weekend. It was my understanding that Level III gets more into body position, so decided to keep working with my basics another year. I did learn how quicly reference points need to change. My fastest lap with you guys was around 2:15. My fastest lap this weekend was 1:56. NO WHERE NEAR THE SAME TURN IN POINTS! I found that I can go faster if I am being towed, but that doesn't count in my book.

I got another day @ Barber in September to do some more work.

Look for me in Level III next summer, though!

For sure let me know when you set a date, I'll be ready for you.

Regarding your photo, now that you have done Level 2, did you get on the Lean Bike?

C