Photos Of Ourselves...

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snapback.pngMrSlow, on 12 October 2011 - 04:29 AM, said:

Here's my little sv.

I do believe you be needing a bellypan! B)

The sv didn't have one from factory so in Australia we are allowed to race without them.

Only if the bike came with a fairing do you have to run a belly pan.

Strange rule I know.

But then in US you don't need case covers on the SV but here we do.

The sv didn't have one from factory so in Australia we are allowed to race without them.

Strange rule I know.

Sorry for the delay, I've been away. First I presume you got it was just a little tease. Your SV looks very naked to me as I'm not used to seeing them without one. A belly pan, case covers, frame protection and nuts amounts of safty wire are required by most racing org's I'm aware of here. I'm a little shocked you don't have a pan requirement. Here if you don't have one, you're not racing. Which makes complete sense as one bike tossing it's oil load onto the track can pretty much screw up an entire race day schedule.

Interesting... :)

Strange rule I know.

Sorry for the delay, I've been away. First I presume you got it was just a little tease. Your SV looks very naked to me as I'm not used to seeing them without one. A belly pan, case covers, frame protection and nuts amounts of safty wire are required by most racing org's I'm aware of here. I'm a little shocked you don't have a pan requirement. Here if you don't have one, you're not racing. Which makes complete sense as one bike tossing it's oil load onto the track can pretty much screw up an entire race day schedule.

Interesting... :)

Yes! Little tease!

However, you're right – I agree a belly pan should be requirement. Spilling oil behind you for everyone else is not a good thing.

• 1 month later...

Chuckwalla Valley Raceway. Great track.

Rockin the CSS sticker on the PB! Nice! Little envy over here, it's 34°F. :(

Don't be. We lose as much time because of the heat as you do because of the cold. We CAN travel to different places, but it's sometimes a long trip to get to a track. It got up to 66 degrees during the day and I was sweating bullets.

Nice pix Jason. I especially like the tribute to Marko, nice touch sir.

And I'm with Gorecki, I'd take 66F right about now. biggrin.gif Then again we had low 80s in August at VIR this year so I'm sure it's a trade off.

Nice pix Jason. I especially like the tribute to Marko, nice touch sir.

And I'm with Gorecki, I'd take 66F right about now. biggrin.gif Then again we had low 80s in August at VIR this year so I'm sure it's a trade off.

In August, we're around 110 in the shade during the day.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I have not yet taken CSS, but plan on attending Level 1 (& possibly Lv2) @ Infineon this coming April. Here are a few pics of my first and only trackday (due to the new bike springing a radiator leak the day before the final trackday of the season, forcing me town miss it) on my former bike ('08 GSX-R600) at BIR's Competition Course.

268757_2135545918255_1534299494_32255053_7239620_n.jpg

ZARS11_0626_1917-2.jpg

ZARS11_0626_1293-1.jpg

ZARS11_0626_3502.jpg

Hoping CSS will help with confidence issues that I have on the new bike ('08 848) going into next season. I did an ARC at a local short road course after I had the bike for a week and didn't feel comfortable at all....despite the instructors telling me I was doing well fundamentally.

IMG_6249a.jpg

Added a bunch of upgrades and was excited to see how the bike would feel on a real track with new tires/grippier seat/adjusted suspension/Stompgrips...but alas, the radiator spoiled that plan.

See ya in April!

-Christian

Poor guy. Those your only choices in bikes? biggrin.gif

Usually, having to adjust so much on a new bike is because you are tense on the bars and have to get used to the different steering configuration (and how you are fighting the bike while in a corner).