Photos Of Ourselves...

thunderhill6-8116-1.jpg

The ONLY thing I can see that needs work on is your head tilting away from the corner. Point the OUTSIDE shoulder into the turn...see how that affects your vision/body position =D

Hi YooiY,

I don't see/understand what you mean re: "...head tilting away from the corner". Can you explain more?

Thanks,

racer

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DSC_0396.jpg

Hi Poncho,

Am I to understand that this racetrack is in India? I knew there was organized racing there, but, I did not know there were such modern and beautiful venues. What is the name of the track? What part of the country is it in?

Thanks,

racer

Hi Racer,

We have 2 race tracks in India both in the southern part of India. The one that the above pictures are from - http://www.mmsc.in/track.htm there is a smaller track 500 kms from this track.

We basically have 3 championships for the big bike, we have the JK National Championship, UCAL Rolol Cahampionship and MRF International Challenge. Apart from this other events are motocross / rallies including the raide de himalayas, etc..

With import duties of bikes at 160%, no local support, it is one very expensive sport... there is not too much sponsership for motor racing in India.

• 1 month later...
272182864hdwwrofu1nl1.th.jpg

This is a typical Pacific Northwest late March Adrenaline Freaks trackday. Gotta love playin in the snow!

Dang.....I would be dreading riding in that.

I'd need a good defroster :)

C

272182864hdwwrofu1nl1.th.jpg

This is a typical Pacific Northwest late March Adrenaline Freaks trackday. Gotta love playin in the snow!

Tell me you wouldn't do it though.

I can honestly say I dont know if I would or not. I love riding....but I dont like the cold.

quote]

Tell me you wouldn't do it though.

I can honestly say I dont know if I would or not. I love riding....but I dont like the cold.

Rode in snow in New Mexico, ridden some cold wet days at the track, but someone would have to give me a really good reason to do that...really good.

• 3 weeks later...

I had some serious fun at the last school for this year up at Sears point so I thought I woul dpost up some photos from the day.

Having some fun on the ZX10. Man those slipper clutches are sweet :)

zx10-1.jpg

Having a little more fun on one of those desmo-thingies :)

desmo1.jpg

Good times, good times :)

I had some serious fun at the last school for this year up at Sears point so I thought I woul dpost up some photos from the day.

Having some fun on the ZX10. Man those slipper clutches are sweet :)

zx10-1.jpg

Having a little more fun on one of those desmo-thingies :)

desmo1.jpg

Good times, good times :)

Wow cool pics, is that a wet track that you are riding the desmo on? or maybe its just the way the light is shining on the track.

I like the zx10 pic, is that you backing it in, noticed you are using some clutch like you explained on another thread.

Hubbard - Yeah, I was taking it a little easy on the Duc. Not too easy though, I did spin up the rear a few times :)

Ace - No the track wasn't wet, Sears point pavement is pretty old and gets a lot of use so it is pretty glassy. Both pics are of me and I was just playing around backing in the ZX10 using the clutch.

Kev - It was really nice of the guy to let me ride his bike and I was NOT going to take any undue chances with it. I was thinking about how much that bike cost a lot even while riding. I did push it a bit as I wanted to get a feel for what the bike was capable of (it is VERY CAPABLE) and even spun up the rear tire a few times (traction control is a $10K option on this bike and this one didn't have it). I was shaking for quite some time after I got off the bike, it was the experience of a lifetime.

Hubbard - Yeah, I was taking it a little easy on the Duc. Not too easy though, I did spin up the rear a few times :)

Ace - No the track wasn't wet, Sears point pavement is pretty old and gets a lot of use so it is pretty glassy. Both pics are of me and I was just playing around backing in the ZX10 using the clutch.

Kev - It was really nice of the guy to let me ride his bike and I was NOT going to take any undue chances with it. I was thinking about how much that bike cost a lot even while riding. I did push it a bit as I wanted to get a feel for what the bike was capable of (it is VERY CAPABLE) and even spun up the rear tire a few times (traction control is a $10K option on this bike and this one didn't have it). I was shaking for quite some time after I got off the bike, it was the experience of a lifetime.

Stuman--didn't you say the thing had killer grunt off the bottom? Like more than anything else you had ridden (and where did it start from?)

CF

Yeah, more low end power then anything I've been on. The power was the most impressive thing, it seemed to come on at almost no rpms and build evenly till redline, which come in a hurry.

Honestly, I was surprised when you told me that. I really didnt' expect it to have much in the basement.

C

Yeah, more low end power then anything I've been on. The power was the most impressive thing, it seemed to come on at almost no rpms and build evenly till redline, which come in a hurry.

Honestly, I was surprised when you told me that. I really didnt' expect it to have much in the basement.

C

I thought that was one of the primary differences between twins and 4's. I know on my wifes 650 I have power just about bottom to top. On mine, I need to be at 9,000 rpm's. I want a Triumph 675.

I thought that was one of the primary differences between twins and 4's. I know on my wifes 650 I have power just about bottom to top. On mine, I need to be at 9,000 rpm's. I want a Triumph 675.

Hubbard;

The Desmosedici that Stuman is riding in that shot is an L-4, not a twin. Ducati realized that if they were to build a MotoGP Twin it would need to spin at over 17K so they married two L-Twins together...if I got that story correctly.

Kevin