Body Position In Level 2

huh.gif Level 2 is visual as far as cornering goes. 3 steps, different entry points a so on. By the way, I have not taken it yet. My conclusion is based on what I have read from the level description. My question to the ones who has taken it. Do they introduce body position in level 2 or is it only in level 3?. Today, I posted the same question to Kevin Kane. Unfortunatelly I reply to his message at least a week late. Busy finishing the honey do list and not time to check the forum.

Thanks for the input.

The razor.

huh.gif Level 2 is visual as far as cornering goes. 3 steps, different entry points a so on. By the way, I have not taken it yet. My conclusion is based on what I have read from the level description. My question to the ones who has taken it. Do they introduce body position in level 2 or is it only in level 3?. Today, I posted the same question to Kevin Kane. Unfortunatelly I reply to his message at least a week late. Busy finishing the honey do list and not time to check the forum.

Thanks for the input.

The razor.

TR;

Since I am not a CSS Team member I will give you what my experience has been but you need to be aware of that caveat. That said, Level II is as you say, primarily focused on visual drills and Level III is geared toward body position.

Despite taking numerous Level IV courses since I first did the cycle back in 2001-02, I retook all four Levels in 2009 and this refresher was eye-opening for me. I had forgotten how much of the detail is taught in the first three levels and it allowed me to attack some personal barriers that I couldn't get through on my own. What I had lost touch with the most was the visual training offered in Level II as I had let old bad habits seep back into my riding consciousness and they acted as a real deterrent to progress. Then Level III reminded me of how much I had conveniently "forgotten" about proper body position so for me, going back to redo the first three levels was time and money well spent.

Anyway, that's my story Razor and I'm stickin' to it! wink.gif

Rainman

Thanks for the input.

The razor.

TR;

Since I am not a CSS Team member I will give you what my experience has been but you need to be aware of that caveat. That said, Level II is as you say, primarily focused on visual drills and Level III is geared toward body position.

Despite taking numerous Level IV courses since I first did the cycle back in 2001-02, I retook all four Levels in 2009 and this refresher was eye-opening for me. I had forgotten how much of the detail is taught in the first three levels and it allowed me to attack some personal barriers that I couldn't get through on my own. What I had lost touch with the most was the visual training offered in Level II as I had let old bad habits seep back into my riding consciousness and they acted as a real deterrent to progress. Then Level III reminded me of how much I had conveniently "forgotten" about proper body position so for me, going back to redo the first three levels was time and money well spent.

Anyway, that's my story Razor and I'm stickin' to it! wink.gif

Rainman

Thanks Rainman.

You advise is well taken and I appreciate your input.

Definetely, next year I will look for you the first time CSS comes to thunderbolt.

Hope we get to meet personally.

Regards

the razor.

• 2 months later...

Trolling the forums and realize this is a little old, but thought I'd add to it anyway.

Razor- one more bit of info about level 2 (visual skills) and body position. The off track drill for level two is the lean bike (provided there is enough skid pad space to run it). This is a great tool to get your bp sorted out, since it allows you and your coach to focus on getting the proper lock on and body position so you can be comfortable on the bike.