Bikes You Have Owned

2013 s1krr: vibration around 4000rpm is worse than the thumper KLR. Then i hear, it is normal, and it did smooth out after i get pass 6000rpm. so no complains...

What kind of vibration? This sounds odd to me, I've only ridden about 3 days so far on the 2013 (three different ones, actually) but they all felt very smooth and quiet to me. What are you feeling, and are you sure it is normal?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2013 s1krr: vibration around 4000rpm is worse than the thumper KLR. Then i hear, it is normal, and it did smooth out after i get pass 6000rpm. so no complains...

What kind of vibration? This sounds odd to me, I've only ridden about 3 days so far on the 2013 (three different ones, actually) but they all felt very smooth and quiet to me. What are you feeling, and are you sure it is normal?

Well, it is a high frequency vibration. on the S1000rr board, there are quite a few complains about it. ppl suggested adding bar end weights and that takes care of the vibration. It is not unbearable so i am not planning to do anything about it but it is definitely a lot worse compare to the ZX14. it is kind of like KLR vibration but higher frequency. I got the bike at the end of the year so i only have about 500 miles on it. maybe It will get better once it is broken in. I do remember when i attended the school last year at VIR, the 2010 RR i rode was not as smooth as the ZX either. so i think it is normal.

Well, it is a high frequency vibration. on the S1000rr board, there are quite a few complains about it. ppl suggested adding bar end weights and that takes care of the vibration. It is not unbearable so i am not planning to do anything about it but it is definitely a lot worse compare to the ZX14. it is kind of like KLR vibration but higher frequency. I got the bike at the end of the year so i only have about 500 miles on it. maybe It will get better once it is broken in. I do remember when i attended the school last year at VIR, the 2010 RR i rode was not as smooth as the ZX either. so i think it is normal.

Oh, that probably explains it - all three of the bikes I rode were school bikes and I bet Will adds different bar ends for crash protection, which probably eliminates the vibration you are feeling. Bar ends DO make a big difference in handlebar vibration - I had two bikes in the past that were nearly unbearable to ride due to vibration (my hands were going numb after only a few minutes of riding!) and weighted bar ends COMPLETELY fixed it on both bikes. If it bothers you at all, go for the bar ends! They are not expensive, they are easy to install and as a bonus you get better crash protection - even if it just falls over in the garage or tips over in the driveway.

Oh, that probably explains it - all three of the bikes I rode were school bikes and I bet Will adds different bar ends for crash protection, which probably eliminates the vibration you are feeling. Bar ends DO make a big difference in handlebar vibration - I had two bikes in the past that were nearly unbearable to ride due to vibration (my hands were going numb after only a few minutes of riding!) and weighted bar ends COMPLETELY fixed it on both bikes. If it bothers you at all, go for the bar ends! They are not expensive, they are easy to install and as a bonus you get better crash protection - even if it just falls over in the garage or tips over in the driveway.

Thanks Hotfoot, i guess i will try bar end weights.one more reason to shop before the season starts. woohoo!! :lol:

I have part ownership in a bunch of BMW's, does that count? Or does one have to own the whole bike? Whose moderating this anyway? (see if Rainman is on the case...)

I'm here...and partial ownership is partial ownership. Practically speaking if your married (in NY anyway) you really have partial ownership in your bike with your spouse, whether their name is on the title or not. File for divorce and see what your spouses' attorney says.

Rain

I'm here...and partial ownership is partial ownership. Practically speaking if your married (in NY anyway) you really have partial ownership in your bike with your spouse, whether their name is on the title or not. File for divorce and see what your spouses' attorney says.

Rain

yes and no. I'm sure I hold some stock in HD and I know I hold some audi stock. So does that make me partial ownership in every single HD bike that they have until its sold and every single Ducati bike rolling off the line until those are sold ? Owning stock is partial ownership. . .. .

• 3 weeks later...

1972 Suzuki Trail Hopper 50cc. my brothers bike but the first non human powered bike I rode.

1979 Yamaha RD400F Daytona Special (First bike and now the gal is waiting on me to finish a couple of BMW's for her turn in line to get a long awaited makeover)

1967 Kawasaki A7 Avenger (Thank you uncle for cleaning out the barn, not yours, and throwing it away........)

1975 Yamaha RD350 (sold)

1978 BMW R100/7 (gave to one of my best friends and is now in process of becoming a cafe bike, or track bike)

1980 Yamaha 650 Special (sold)

2007 Ducati GT1000 (main mistress)

1970 BMW R50/5 (in many many pieces atm waiting on me to finish the paint work and reassemble)

1973 BMW R60/6 (next)

1987 BMW R80RT (abandoned bike left at a repair shop.right price.)

1981 Suzuki GS850G (bought to resale. %^&*$ broken exhaust studs. Is looking like a money pit)

1995 Ducati 916 (new mistress)

Off road

1980 Suzuki PE400 (sold)

1986 Honda ATC250R 2 smoke 3 wheeler (sold) wish I still had it.

not mine but many miles on the dirt in and around what is now Barbers

1985 Honda ATC200X 3 wheeler

1985 Honda CR500

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OK got the bars in on saturday but I work all weekend so no time put them on till today. They look cool and feel great and are now almost the same grip position as the S model. I just took it for a ride and WOW! It's not even the same bike anymore. The people at Suburban Machinery were a pleasure to deal with and they sent them right out. She is all ready for CSS next week. Woo Hoo!!!

svbars1.jpg

svbars2.jpg

svbars3.jpg

1967 Schwin/Briggs and Stratton motorbike (beat my best buddies Clinton powered bike hands down)

1968 Mini bike built from a steel chair rear and bicycle front end. Locally famous drag racer almost killed himself on it and my brother

literally fainted while watch him flip upside down in the air.

1993 or so 750 Ninja and went canyon carving in the mountains above Boulder, CO Good training. Got caught in freak summer snow

storm on trip to watch MRA race in Aspen

2012 2011 Hayabusa

• 4 months later...

let me think...

1969 "LiL Indian Minibike... 3hp Briggs and Stratton, governor removed, straight pipe... fast!

1971 Yamaha Mini Enduro

1972 Yamaha LT2 MX

1974 Yamaha MX100

1977 Yamaha XS650

1979 Yamaha XS650

1982 Suzuki GS550M Katana

1981 Honda CR125

1984 Yamaha RZ350

1986 Yamaha 700 Fazer

1987 Yamaha 700 Fazer

1995 Triumph 900 Daytona Super III

1998 Triumph 900 Sprint SS

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i

2005 Yamaha FJR1300

2009 aprilia Tuono...... no bike for me right now there is still my wifes 2009 aprilia Shiver and my son`s 2008 Moriwaki MD250h... next for me? I have no idea, since we began racing my taste for street riding has curiously vanished. Think I need a TZ or a RS250 two-smoke. Then again the upcoming MV Agusta F3-800 has me drooling again.

Good list, and I know what you mean about street riding. But...I do like taking that F-800 out for a spin, and when I start commuting on a bike again, that's about my first choice.

Here's my list in order of purchase. Still have them all.

2009 Buell Blast. You have to start somewhere.

1997 Harley Fatboy. Most fun you can have with saddle bags and a windshield. Its FAST for an 800# bike. Engine was stock years ago.

2000 Yamaha R6. First sport bike. Bought from a friend. Sparked my interest in this whole track thing. :)

2002 MV Agusta F4 Diamante. Love at first sight. I was never the same after hearing this bike scream to redline.

1989 Yamaha FZR400 ex race bike (track). Rode a friends 1988 FZR400 and wanted one ASAP!

2003 Yamaha R6 ex race bike (track). 110 octane fire breathing monster. Been sleeping since 2007. Hopefully I'll change that soon.

Pretty short list for me. Started riding in 2010, and living in MN doesn't allow us a year-round riding season the majority of years. So, not much time to acquire a bunch, and I'm pretty happy with the current one.

'09 Ninja 250R: ~1100 miles & 2 ARC's @ DCTC

2010-08-09121530.jpg

'08 GSX-R600: ~3400 miles, 1 ARC @ DCTC, & 1 trackschool/day @ BIR

2011-05-24_14-25-30_539-1.jpg

ZARS11_0626_3502.jpg

'03 CBR600RR: 2 trackdays @ Barber

2012-11-07_13-21-14_224.jpg

JON_2351-L.jpg

'08 848: ~18k miles and counting, 2 ARCs @ DCTC, 15+ trackdays @ BIR, Road America, Barber, & MPH, & 1 CRA race weekend @ BIR

0C6DC8D8-E4A0-458E-B744-3700B9692648-428

CAA54662-269F-42FC-8FAD-08FF94CEB2B1-293

-Christian

an 81 suzuki GSX 250

an 84 yammy FJ1100 (16" front hoop made for interesting times)

a 94 honda CBR1000F (loverly so long as you didnt push too hard in the corners)

a 2008 ZX14 (put into a tree, but it handled great up till that point)

and I currently own

a 2010 Ducati multistrada 1200s (which Im taking to the holy isle this weekend for css lev 1 & 2)

a 86 BMW R65 (beryl, my dads bike which I inherited on his passing)

a 1981 XJ550 seca (project bike).

next bike will be a mid 2000's DR650 so I can go play in the dirt, (I stopped drinking the ducati marketing dept koolaid. The Multi is not much of an offroad bike, too pretty, too delicate and too bloody expensive to fix when you do drop it).

• 3 months later...