2011 Riding Coach Search

2010 has been an excellent year, but 2011 is already outselling 2010. We are looking for coaches. Read on, fill out the application and send it to me.

Here is the process:

1. Read the description below the dotted line for an overview of what we are looking for.

2. A very good riding skill level is required from our coaches. Some have met the other requirements, but had to work on their riding skill, and eventually became coaches. While riding skill is important, as or more important is ability to learn, ability to communicate and get along well with a wide variety of people, can endure hard conditions (school days are long!), and can attend enough school days in a year.

3. Please review the description and application carefully. The schedule needs to be filled out with your best estimate, try and answer for every date.

4. If you fit the description, or think you could meet the requirements soon, fill out the application that is attached and send it to me. In truth, I'd rather have you try out and let us decide if you meet the requirements, than not have you try out at all!

Cobie@superbikeschool.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you can answer yes to all of the questions below then you may be just what we need. If you can't, let me know and we'll go from there.

1. Have you already taken the Superbike School (since 1995, preferably Level 1 and 2)?

2. Have you roadraced?

3. Are you already pretty fast? (don't have to be a track record holder, but can't be slow).

4. Are you friendly and personable--enjoy talking with people?

5. Do you learn new things fairly quickly?

6. Can you devote minimum 10-15 school days per year (not including travel time)?

7. Are you willing to do difficult homework, and have every aspect of your training skills scrutinized?

8. Have you read the Twist of the Wrist books?

9. Would you enjoy helping people learn how to ride better?

We are very selective and everything you say or do in the application process counts. I'm not interested in squids, dopers or short term relationships. I am looking for enthusiastic individuals that want to learn how to become great coaches.

If you think you have the right stuff, download the application and e-mail it to me!

Best,

Cobie Fair

cobie@superbikeschool.com

Huh, wondered how coaches were selected. Not fast enough, and have to enhance a few of my skills, but maybe in the next couple of years.

Already found how enjoyable teaching -moreover, seeing the person become better/more confident- can truly be. Good luck with your search, and hope to see ya'll at a level 2 class :D

Huh, wondered how coaches were selected. Not fast enough, and have to enhance a few of my skills, but maybe in the next couple of years.

Already found how enjoyable teaching -moreover, seeing the person become better/more confident- can truly be. Good luck with your search, and hope to see ya'll at a level 2 class :D

When you come to the level 2 class, come and see me, we can go over it. Or when it's up, download the application and send it to me!

I see the application is not yet available, should be in the next day or 2 (our new webmaster will get to it shortly).

Best,

CF

• 1 month later...

Might be a bit different in the UK than the way it's all done in the US, but I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do to help me on my way to becoming a coach at some point. I'm booked in for level 1 on the 22nd of April and counting down the days, I'll be enquiring on the day about what my chances are like, but I know for a fact that I'm going to need to get a lot better before I'll be considered.

Is there much call for volunteers on school days?

Might be a bit different in the UK than the way it's all done in the US, but I'm wondering if there is anything else I can do to help me on my way to becoming a coach at some point. I'm booked in for level 1 on the 22nd of April and counting down the days, I'll be enquiring on the day about what my chances are like, but I know for a fact that I'm going to need to get a lot better before I'll be considered.

Is there much call for volunteers on school days?

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your interest. Yes, we're always on the look out for coaches in the UK. This applies to anyone who may feel that they might be interested in coaching students, and giving back to the students what the have learnt themselves. In preparation for your trip to the school, I'd speak with Andy & Jet (director and Cheif riding coach), tell them you've expressed an interest in exploring the coaching program and that I've sent you from here to them. you can contact them at andy@superbikeschool.co.uk and Jet@superbikeschool.co.uk drop them an e-mail, tell them you're coming in April and they'll no doubt come back to you, sound you out a little further.

even if you're not ready for coaching right now, there are opportunites to become part of the crew to learn more about the school, and get good insight into what goes. We always have need for support teams as well, so if the coaching thing isn't right now, perhaps that might work? I wish you good luck, I hope you get to become one of our team, it's a very enjoyable job, it's long days, hard work, but very rewarding.and good fun. See you on the 22nd.

If you have any further questions, please either post, or PM me directly.

Bullet

If you think you have the right stuff, download the application and e-mail it to me!

Did you forget to attach it? can't seem to find where I should download it from... (maybe it's the first intelligence test to see if I qualify for riding coachsad.gif )

You should be able to click on the 'download the application' text and it will download it. I just tried it and it worked. If you are having computer related problems, PM me and I'll email it to you directly.

Best,

Cobie,

Seems like the last time I "checked in", you were looking for Coaches..

What happened to the last batch? :rolleyes:

And no, I still haven't been out to the track yet (someone's got to work around here). ;)

Always on the look out for coaches. It's been pretty solid the last few years, but there is always some come and go in that area, and we have continued to expand a bit so it's not stagnant.

CF

Cobie,

Had one of your assistant Head Coaches speak at our motorcycle club meeting last night (here in San Diego). He shed a lot more light on your Coach Training Syllabus than you discuss in here. Boy what a learning curve! You might as well tell your candidates what they are in for when they step up to the plate... Lots of study, lots of commitment.

Pete was cool. You should be proud of him. B)

... Lots of study, lots of commitment.

Pete was cool. You should be proud of him. B)

That's da word on the street; with a heavy emphasis on lots

But would you really want anything less from an instructor? I don't think the "let me check" answer would please too many students.

Thanks MSGT-R, we are proud of Petey.

The application and some of the data in the thread tries to indicate what we are looking for and what's needed, but the rest I do in an interview. I try and encourage people to interview, it will save them more in the end, and there is no downside to it.

CF

• 1 month later...

u.k.coach wanabee

just checkin in here with my interest . u,k guys / bullet know me and my riding , although don,t claim to be quick enough yet by long chalk . but am still interested if i could ever make the grade or be involved at some level . haven,t bothered them with an application for a while as i assume johhny / andy know i,m still very interested . For the record nothings changed i,m still interested and still hanging in there .

will be at school again at some point this year for another lev 4 repeat ..

Wannabe coach here signing in too!!!

BUT,

I know I am too slow although my technique is very much improving.

And I can't foresee myself making all the days...

But one day... One day!!!!

(Even if I am just corner working or pit lane regulating, I would love to give back for all the great things i got from the school...)

Watch this space...

Jason.

Being a coach is not about fast, it's about proper technique, and the ability to teach same to new students.

The hows, the whys, the observations and corrections; teaching theory in the classroom and seeing it work out on the track.

Being a coach is not about fast, it's about proper technique, and the ability to teach same to new students.

The hows, the whys, the observations and corrections; teaching theory in the classroom and seeing it work out on the track.

I understand, but you need to be able to keep up with the students as well right??? ;)

I remember my Level 1 like it was only yesterday... Bullet was my coach for one session until he had an off due to an offline student colliding with him...

What I DO remember was him giving me a thumbs up for throttle control, and then just FLYING off to catch the other student under his care... I was like, WOW, when I grow up I wanna be JUUST like him!!! hahaha If I did not meet him without a helmet on, I would have thought his speed was why they called him Bullet!!! ;) LOL

I think that I tick alot of boxes, like ability to teach, communicate, observe, and correct... I have taught my friends a few corrections, like being crossed up on rights but they are GREAT on lefts... He said, so THAT's why my toe slider is gone only on my right side!!! Yup, too much lean angle cuz he was crossed up...

But I have not taught them EVERYTHING... I want them to go to the school too!!!

Jason.

Speed will come with time, practice and confidence.

You'll get there.

I know... I have been building up slow and steady... Making sure my confidence builds faster than my speed does...

Thanks for the words of wisdom...

I AM getting there!!!

;)

The other day, I saw i rider at a ride day down here in tassie who looked like he was struggling a bit. i got chatting to him about his riding position and the like and i explained what i had learn from doing level I, II, and III, (not everything of course but just a couple of tips that i picked up) and he came back to me after the next session saying how much of a help i was. It made me feel really good so now I'm thinking of becoming a riding coach. I enjoyed being able to help out a fellow rider.