We'd seen similiar issues in the UK when they first came out. I raced on these in 2010, and they're superb tyres, but most of these issues were about people running to low pressures. I think initially, some of the racers were running 18-19psi cold, (hence the 23 hot on warmers), it appeared to be a little low, and the suggested pressures were raised, (only to 26 hot), but it made a world of difference in the UK. It could be a feature of the tracks and surfaces, as was commented in the other thread.

I have to say, I didn't have any of these problems, when running the right pressures, sure they wore, but then when you're racing, you're really hurting those tyres as much as you can.

Bullet

Steve thought you may be interested in this link

http://www.ducatispo...ead.php?t=26287

The tire in the picture is said to be a D211GPA, when clearly it is a D209GPA. The tire and the picture don't match.

The post states it is NOT tearing, when clearly that is tearing.

Then at the end of the post, rusty848 notes that "dunlop just come up with new hard front ,it should last longer,but right now its only available for AMA". Its true we came out with a newer front, but totally untrue that it was limited to only the AMA. The tire was made available right after the AMA race at Mid Ohio. Anyone ordering one was not turned away.

All this is being talked about with riders from 2 different continents, regarding tracks they don't have in common (philip Island and Mid Ohio), and pictures that don't match statements. Its a masive comparing of apples to oranges.

This is just another example of how an urban legend gets started. Bad reports, misleading reports of what is happening, backed up with pictures that are not the right ones. All that is missing is how it was George Bush's fault and you have yourself a great new story.

Its no wonder riders get confused with all this incorrect and misleading information going around.

Thanks XB. It's just great having Steve up here, wish I'd thought of it earlier!

If you other guys like what you are seeing here with Steve, let him know! One might think they are helping, but it's always a plus to get a real comment! OK lurkers, hit the "reply" button :).

Best,

CF

Steve thought you may be interested in this link

http://www.ducatispo...ead.php?t=26287

The tire in the picture is said to be a D211GPA, when clearly it is a D209GPA. The tire and the picture don't match.

The post states it is NOT tearing, when clearly that is tearing.

Then at the end of the post, rusty848 notes that "dunlop just come up with new hard front ,it should last longer,but right now its only available for AMA". Its true we came out with a newer front, but totally untrue that it was limited to only the AMA. The tire was made available right after the AMA race at Mid Ohio. Anyone ordering one was not turned away.

All this is being talked about with riders from 2 different continents, regarding tracks they don't have in common (philip Island and Mid Ohio), and pictures that don't match statements. Its a masive comparing of apples to oranges.

This is just another example of how an urban legend gets started. Bad reports, misleading reports of what is happening, backed up with pictures that are not the right ones. All that is missing is how it was George Bush's fault and you have yourself a great new story.

Its no wonder riders get confused with all this incorrect and misleading information going around.

Cobie I think your onto a winner here!! Like Steve says so much incorrect and misleading information out there I'm just going to listen and use information from one source Super Dunlop Steve

We'd seen similiar issues in the UK when they first came out. I raced on these in 2010, and they're superb tyres, but most of these issues were about people running to low pressures. I think initially, some of the racers were running 18-19psi cold, (hence the 23 hot on warmers), it appeared to be a little low, and the suggested pressures were raised, (only to 26 hot), but it made a world of difference in the UK. It could be a feature of the tracks and surfaces, as was commented in the other thread.

I have to say, I didn't have any of these problems, when running the right pressures, sure they wore, but then when you're racing, you're really hurting those tyres as much as you can.

Bullet

Thanks for the comment Bullet.

The thread started with a link about a D211GPA, but the pic was of a D209GPA. The track in question was Philip Island. D211GPA and D209GPA are both USA made tires. Your posting now mentions "similar issues the UK", yet only UK tires are used in the UK. Are you commenting on the D211GP UK made or the N-Tec slick?

Which track did you note this happening?

Bullet

Thanks for the comment Bullet.

The thread started with a link about a D211GPA, but the pic was of a D209GPA. The track in question was Philip Island. D211GPA and D209GPA are both USA made tires. Your posting now mentions "similar issues the UK", yet only UK tires are used in the UK. Are you commenting on the D211GP UK made or the N-Tec slick?

Which track did you note this happening?

I have to say, I never noticed the pic in the thread didn't match the comment, I suppose I should be happy really I don't know the treads of by heart, and take comfort you do.

So I use the UK 211 gp NTec race tyre on my 600, not the slick, though will be using those badboys next year on my duke. so I never really had any issues at all with them ever, though there were lots of notes/threads on some of the racing forums in the UK of people remarking on this problem. Snetterton and Brands Hatch were much talked about, though in fairness this was early in 2010 and ambient temp would be low. For myself, I made great use of Dunlop expert who works with us the school, and he kept me unto date with pressure info, so just did as I was told. The 211 is stunning tyre though and the feel now achieved from the rear is amazing.

Thanks for excellent insight, it's brilliant.

Bullet

so I never really had any issues at all with them ever, though there were lots of notes/threads on some of the racing forums in the UK of people remarking on this problem. Snetterton and Brands Hatch were much talked about, though in fairness this was early in 2010 and ambient temp would be low.

Bullet

Bullet,

If the problem of tearing was early in the season and it was cold, I could see that happening. We see this early in the season in the US when its cold. The issue is the cold weather conditions. Going to the harder compound often solves that issue.