Zx12r-tire Question

I did 2 track days at mid-ohio and I want to do it again in september. But I need new front and rear tires (still have the stock ones on which is 200 rear :( ) anyways I wanted to try the pirelli Dragon SuperCorsas front and the rear 190/55/17 . What do you guys think, would that be OK on the zx12 (03) or not? which should I choose

Rear-medium

front-soft

or any other brand or softness combinations????????

Getting a lot of miles isn't an issue here, I just want something that is better....

please if you have any suggestions, do so....

Thank you very much in advance

Yturan,

You mention that you did two track days and are planning two more but you didn't say if your ZX-12 is also used on the street. If it is, you may want to consider Pirelli's Diablo Corsa's instead.

I have Michelin Pilot Race (Super Corsa equivalent) tires on my track bike and my street bike but I realized it was a mistake putting thm on the street bike. It is harder to get racing tires up to temperature on the street and I was losing traction as a result. They also don't last very long.

I recently put Michelin Pilot Sports Cup's (Diablo Corsa equivalent) on the street bike and I feel as planted there as I do on the track. They also have more cuts in the pattern so they will be better in the rain. I would also happily take these tires out on any track as the grip is that good.

Many of the Track Control riders in Team Pro-Motion use Pirelli Daiblo Corsa's as they have track grip but last a lot longer. The Corsa's will also cost you about 50 to 75 dollars less than the Super Corsa's per set.

...just one man's opinion. Good luck.

Kevin

• 1 month later...

For the track, try the new Bridgestone 002's. I used them on my ZRX and they held great and I push the heck out of it!! Less expensive than the others by about $100 and I'm sure will hold as well. Less expensive doesn't mean less hold or wear all the time. Soft front and med rear. You might get 2 days out of them, but the difference is how you ride the bike. Some use the Diablo Corsa's and get 5+ days but we both have heavy bikes and they seem to eat them up a little more. A couple of the guys I've talked to say the DC will start to push the front end if ridden too hard. Your choice.. ;)