Hello From Germany (Introduction)

Hi Uli,

No worries. Did not want to put you on the spot. rolleyes.gif

Do you do your own maintenance or do you take the bike to the dealer for that?

Are you running full synthetic oil?

Cheers,

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

dealer. I have no idea what oil they put in there, think it's synthetic alright. I only do things like tightening the chain, checking oil etc., .I prefer driving :P

Do you do maintenance yourself?

Hi Uli,

I'll do the same type of maintenance you do - plus I change my oil. All other tasks - yup - to the dealer. :)

You said you have a 2009, what was the biggest repair/replace bill thus far?

Prost/Cheers,

Klaus

Do you drink a "Goasmas?" ;)

Hi Uli,

I'll do the same type of maintenance you do - plus I change my oil. All other tasks - yup - to the dealer. :)

Prost/Cheers,

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

the only thing that ever needed to be fixed was a simmerring at the front fork. Didn't cost me anything though, warranty. I suspect it cracked because of the cold, there's a small step at my driveway and no time for the fork to warm up , maybe that's what caused it (I drive around in any type of weather except for snow of course, it's kinda funny sometimes in Winter, people look at me driving by with the Fireblade like I'm crazy or something, but I don't care) .

And the grip heaters just gave in, but they're not original Honda (to tell you the truth I have no idea what brand they are) .

I saw in your profile you had a Fireblade too once, what was it, a SC57? What happend to it? Why switch to a 650? Sorry if I come across as nosy, the "CBR 1000rr" in your profile made me curious.

Goasmas, is that a beer (gotta be a beer) ? Never heard of it. I don't know, my beer drinking days kinda stopped with my 40th birthday B)

Cheers

Uli

Hi Uli,

Prost/Cheers,

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

the only thing that ever needed to be fixed was a simmerring at the front fork. Didn't cost me anything though, warranty. I suspect it cracked because of the cold, there's a small step at my driveway and no time for the fork to warm up , maybe that's what caused it (I drive around in any type of weather except for snow of course, it's kinda funny sometimes in Winter, people look at me driving by with the Fireblade like I'm crazy or something, but I don't care) .

And the grip heaters just gave in, but they're not original Honda (to tell you the truth I have no idea what brand they are) .

I saw in your profile you had a Fireblade too once, what was it, a SC57? What happend to it? Why switch to a 650? Sorry if I come across as nosy, the "CBR 1000rr" in your profile made me curious.

Goasmas, is that a beer (gotta be a beer) ? Never heard of it. I don't know, my beer drinking days kinda stopped with my 40th birthday B)

Cheers

Uli

Hi Uli,

That's pretty good to only have that issue with the fork seal/ring.

Looks like you are a true "road warrior," wink.gif beinhart (bone hard) na ja, I like it.

As far as the fireblade in my profile, that is my foreshadowing of my next bike - this summer I will sell my 650r and get a 2009 Fireblade.

The only thing I'm still pondering is the color. Love the Repsol, also like the idea of a white Repsol, or a Black one with custom graphics.

Which is the most popular color scheme in Germany (meaning which one do you see most often)?

Ah, Goasmas, I saw that in Bavaria, the beer drinking capital of the world. It is a one liter glass or stone mug holding 1/2l coke, 1/2l beer and a shot of your preferred liquor. I saw people drink 4 or 5 of those in one night. WOW. blink.gif

Like you said, I enjoy a glass of wine or beer - here and there, but when I'm on the bike - I have a zero tolerance for Alcohol. An agreement I made with my wife.

Cheers,

Klaus

[Hi Uli,

Looks like you are a true "road warrior," wink.gif beinhart (bone hard) na ja, I like it.

As far as the fireblade in my profile, that is my foreshadowing of my next bike - this summer I will sell my 650r and get a 2009 Fireblade.

The only thing I'm still pondering is the color. Love the Repsol, also like the idea of a white Repsol, or a Black one with custom graphics.

Which is the most popular color scheme in Germany (meaning which one do you see most often)?

Ah, Goasmas, I saw that in Bavaria, the beer drinking capital of the world. It is a one liter glass or stone mug holding 1/2l coke, 1/2l beer and a shot of your preferred liquor. I saw people drink 4 or 5 of those in one night. WOW. blink.gif

Like you said, I enjoy a glass of wine or beer - here and there, but when I'm on the bike - I have a zero tolerance for Alcohol. An agreement I made with my wife.

Cheers,

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

I'm not really such a bonehard guy, just used to the cold, only seem catch colds when I stop riding in Winter, sounds odd but it's sort of like taking cold showers.

Check this out

http://www.abload.de...mg_6534wuj1.jpg

:D

Colors of Fireblade? How much time do you have :rolleyes: ? Seriously, there's so many colors and combinations out there, I never found one that stuck out. :)

If you want to get a Blade, get one with ABS. Maybe next year there'll be a Blade with traction control, I'm not a big fan of TC though, think it does more bad than good for the average driver. It took me some time to be able to dose the throttle and get a feel for traction limits, something I probably never would have learned with a TC bike.

Cheers

Uli

[Hi Uli,

Cheers,

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

I'm not really such a bonehard guy, just used to the cold, only seem catch colds when I stop riding in Winter, sounds odd but it's sort of like taking cold showers.

Check this out

http://www.abload.de...mg_6534wuj1.jpg

:D

Colors of Fireblade? How much time do you have :rolleyes: ? Seriously, there's so many colors and combinations out there, I never found one that stuck out. :)

If you want to get a Blade, get one with ABS. Maybe next year there'll be a Blade with traction control, I'm not a big fan of TC though, think it does more bad than good for the average driver. It took me some time to be able to dose the throttle and get a feel for traction limits, something I probably never would have learned with a TC bike.

Cheers

Uli

Hi Uli,

Makes sense - you don't catch colds while riding - but when people are inside the taverns and Gasthauses then the cold virus can spread :o

As far as the colors of the Fireblade, I have some time.... LOL. Was just curious which color patterns you see "most" often in Germany. I like to HRC color pattern, like the colors in Bavaria ;) .

To ABS or not ABS? Yes, that comes down to preference. It adds another 1000 Dollars to the Fireblade, and would come in handy when riding in wet and foggy weather. Also makes the bike heavier. Also depends on if I can get a great deal on a new one or settle for a used one :rolleyes: .

Is the weather warming up in your neck of the woods. Is Spring in the air? (Spürt man den Frühling schon?)

Ride Safe,

Klaus

Archived