What Is Your Favorite Track?

I was wondering which track everyone has picked as a favorite, and why is it your favorite? I have only been on two tracks, Barber and VIR, so it's rather difficult to choose any others :) . Of those two I definitely enjoyed Barber more, and mainly because it was such a nice facility. I did enjoy all the elevation changes at VIR, and I think I could like VIR more if I had not crashed :( . I'm hoping to get to a couple more tracks this year, and I think Carolina Motorsports Park will be one.

I was wondering which track everyone has picked as a favorite, and why is it your favorite? I have only been on two tracks, Barber and VIR, so it's rather difficult to choose any others :) . Of those two I definitely enjoyed Barber more, and mainly because it was such a nice facility. I did enjoy all the elevation changes at VIR, and I think I could like VIR more if I had not crashed :( . I'm hoping to get to a couple more tracks this year, and I think Carolina Motorsports Park will be one.

I've been to Streets of Willow, Laguna Seca, Miller, VIR, Jennings, Barber, Talladega GP and Road Atlanta..

and the winner is..........................Road Atlanta, it is blazing fast and great elevation changes! Barber 2nd and Laguna Seca 3rd. Laguna Seca is third because of the availability to ride it.

Honestly, don't have a true favorite, meaning one I'd prefer over all others. I enjoy all the one's Fossil mentioned, Willow is great overall for training, hard to beat, the other tracks (Barber, VIR, Atlanta) are great, Laguna and Sears also good. But, I do like Mid-Ohio, so I'll toss that one in there.

CF

Only done a couple on a bike so far, but would have to be Cadwell Park. Lots of fun and I could spend years there getting better, mastering the Mountain alone would take enough time.

In a car it has to be the Nurburgring Nordeschleife, another course that you could dedicate your life to mastering, although I can't really afford to go back anytime soon.

I've been on Thunderhill, Sears Point, Streets of Willow and Laguna Seca. It's a toss up between Sears Point and Streets of Willow for me.

Aaron

Spa Francorchamps and the nurburgring. Both are scary scary fast, and tricky to learn, with next to no run off in places to focus the mind. Only done them both in the car so far (racing lotus elise and caterham) but will hopefully be doing them on the bike this year.

Ascari is also an amazing nice track.

In the uk, i like oulton park and anglesey, again, fast, and difficult to master tracks

The tracks that have no run off room, or if the run off ends you up in Mick's Pub, they don't get me excited. It's like the guys that free solo climb. Errors can be a little more costly than I'm interested in!

CF

I was digging Inde, but when I try opening it up, there is still everything off the track that has me hesitant to get behind someone that much faster and push past my limit so I can improve. Chuckwalla has grown on me, but it's not even close to being the same track counterclockwise. Chuckwalla counterclockwise is my favorite. And the overrun. You can run off the track at 130 mph (done it) and not come anywhere near anything. Firebird West is fun, as is Las Vegas clockwise. They're small, not very fast tracks. CAN'T WAIT to do Streets of Willow in a month.

• 1 month later...

I have done Nashville Super Speedway, both day and night events. The night event was my very first track day, so I guess it will always be special for me. Plus, I just like it and it's only about an hour away. If I ride two days I don't have to rent a hotel room. =D

I have also done Little Talladega Gran Prix in Alabama. I like it because it's short and has lots of grip. I did that one 4 days last year. The Streets of Willow are great. This is where I did CSS lvls 1 - 2.

Never done Barber. That was a goal for this year and I still want to do it.

Out of those three, I would have to pick the Streets of Willow.

• 5 months later...

Thunberbolt is a great track - absolutely my favorite! (However, I don't have much to compare to, as the only other two tracks I've done are Pocono East and Monticello - both up here in the arctic northeast :D )

Since 1998, I've ridden the following tracks:

- Ring Djursland (Denmark)

- Jyllandsringen (Denmark)

- Rudskogen (Norway)

- Våler (Norway)

- Anderstorp (Sweden)

- Sturup Raceway (Sweden)

- Ring Knutstorp (Sweden)

- Gälleråsen (Sweden)

- Kinnekulle Ring (Sweden)

- Eurospeedway Lausitzring (Germany)

- Val de Vienne (France)

- Autodrom Most (Czech Republic)

- Silverstone 'South' (UK)

(I've ridden the Nürburgring Nordschliefe as well, but I don't count that as a racetrack. Too bloody dangerous).

I like technical tracks and to me, that means fairly tight tracks with esses and combinations, preferably with elevation changes too.

Overall, Ring Knutstorp comes out on top here. While Most is pretty big and open, it has some fascinating technical sections as well, and that's a really good combo.

Kai

I've done VIR, Mid-Ohio, Putnam and just last month, Road America. Road America was a lot of fun in part because there's so much track (4.2mi I think) and a wide variety of turns and elevations changes, plus, ignoring cornering for a moment, a front straight long enough to get my 600 to redline in 6th gear.

I've done VIR, Mid-Ohio, Putnam and just last month, Road America. Road America was a lot of fun in part because there's so much track (4.2mi I think) and a wide variety of turns and elevations changes, plus, ignoring cornering for a moment, a front straight long enough to get my 600 to redline in 6th gear.

Blasphemy!! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Summit Point West Virginia is a track that doesn't make Tier-1. I feel fortunate to live an hour away though as the Shenandoah Circuit is very technical. Bill Scott put his favorite features from world tracks -- banked Karussel, Corkscrew into a skill-builder. Since theres no long bits, go-fast riders don't care for it but they miss out. It is relentless and never let's you rest. It is unforgiving as I learned one day there.

Summit Point West Virginia is a track that doesn't make Tier-1. I feel fortunate to live an hour away though as the Shenandoah Circuit is very technical. Bill Scott put his favorite features from world tracks -- banked Karussel, Corkscrew into a skill-builder. Since theres no long bits, go-fast riders don't care for it but they miss out. It is relentless and never let's you rest. It is unforgiving as I learned one day there.

I've ridden the following tracks:

- Assen ( The Netherlands )

- Zandvoort ( The Netherlands )

- Zolder ( Belgium )

- Mettet ( Belgium )

- Spa Francorchamps ( Belgium )

- Nurburgring Gp-Strecke ( Germany )

I really like Spa,Assen and the Nurburgring all 3 GP circuits with lots of fast corners! :-) Yiihaa cant wait to ride again over there!

Archived