Short Vs Long Brake/clutch Levers

I switched to pazzo shorty levers for both clutch and brake. I like it for the simple reason that my last two fingers aren't all that useful for grabbing the lever from 50% to full release. May as well get that material out of the way.

We put our hands on the outside of the bars for better control steering (an inch, but you can tell). I have rather big mitts, so I love my shorties. I can still get two fingers on them. Most of my friends are of average height and prefer the long ones.

Interesting.....I like the shorty levers on my dirt bike and long levers on my road race bike. I have tried the shorty levers when I road street and once had them on a track bike. If you set the stock or long levers properly (away from the bar), they don't seem to be a problem for me. The clutch lever does not need to go all the way to the bar to engage and I like the long contour of my brake lever. :)

Short levers for me and folding ones at that. Less chance of them breaking if the bike ends up on its side - I last crashed 9 years ago at Easter and the levers were the least of the bikes worries but, hey, that's just the way I think!

I shouldn't think that long or short levers will make any difference to how well you 'blip' the throttle whilst braking (I'm assuming you meant the front not the rear brake) but how you've set the angle of the levers and the span you've set is crucial.

It is worth spending some time with the bike on a stand with you sitting in your braking position and adjusting the levers so they are spot on.

Which one u prefer and why?

I like the short brake lever, helps remind me that I don't need my whole hand on the brake, and makes blipping the throttle for downshifting while braking easier. I use a long cluth lever though, I have small hands and like having the extra leverage on the clutch.

For a dirt bike, it's great having short levers so they don't break if you fall.

I had shorties on my bike which felt good but have since replaced them with Brembo m/c fitted with long levers. I like the feel of these but I think it's mainly down to the better equipment rather than lever length.

Archived