Toronto , Canada

Hello

Just wondering why there hasn`t been any CSS schools come through hear in CANADA ?

I` m sure there is a great demand for it...Up here in Ontario we have "Turn 2 " and "F.A.S.T" .

It would be nice if you guys would consider a tour and use the facillities and track at Calabogie.

Best

B

Hello

Just wondering why there hasn`t been any CSS schools come through hear in CANADA ?

I` m sure there is a great demand for it...Up here in Ontario we have "Turn 2 " and "F.A.S.T" .

It would be nice if you guys would consider a tour and use the facillities and track at Calabogie.

Best

B

B;

I can't speak for the School and I know they are at Barber right now so it's unlikely Cobie will be up here until next week. That said I'll offer one man's opinion and add in some anecdotal information to see if I can help frame the issue.

• They are on a rotation with most if not all of their tracks set up long in advance to accomodate the School's pre-determined travel windows but I don't want to venture too deeply into that aspect of your question because it would be complete speculation.
  • In the past decade I have seen them change venues for a variety of reasons dropping tracks like Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glen, Loudon and Pocono and adding newer tracks like Miller, Las Vegas, Barber and New Jersey Motorsports Park so they are making adjustments every year. There is no shortage of opportunities in the States and they try to schedule them so that they make two cross country trips every season. The venues have to line up with those road schedules so it is a logistic challange every year.
  • Crossing the border with two tractor trailers of bikes and associated gear is a big undertaking and there are "customs Issues" that come into play. The sale of "items that would stay in Canada" create an import/duty issue and by extension adding in another level of business/expense complexity that can't be overlooked. [My anecodote is a Philadelphia based track day club that I used to belong to that scheduled events in Canada every year. One was a big weekend at Mosport the week before the CDN Superbike races that I attended and it was an absolute blast. About four or five years ago IIRC there was a big issue once it was learned that this club was "selling" tires and other related items (VP Race gas, knee sliders, back protectors and other accessories) and Customs became involved in one way or another. The Club decided that these cross border events became "too complicated" and the Club has ceded this and other events to Pro 6 or maybe it was Turn 2. It is a shame because they used to have track days at Mt. Tremblant, at Calabogie and even Shannonville but no more.]

Now when someone who is really knowledgeable gets up here they can correct my response but for tonight, this is why I think they haven't scheduled anything in Canada.

Rainman

Archived