How Css Changed My Life!

Been a member for while here but haven't as yet told my story.

Been biking now for about 5 years, done a few track days but mostly commute to work. I always rode with too much fear and doubt in my ability. Huge mental barriers would show themselves on track which pretty much made me depressed. Something I suffer with from time to time anyway.

Then, in April this year I decided to do Level 1.

I was not expecting such a life changing experience. The day at CSS was a sunny one, it pretty much flew by with non-stop training. The lessons and drills were spot on. By the end of the day I was very tired but grinning so much my face hurt. In 5 years I had never achieved the ultimate goal. Yep, I got my knees down!!!! Woohooo!!!

Although this had me bouncing and smiling for days after, the school had a more dramatic affect on me. My general outlook on life was very positive. Instead of putting myself down I now tell myself "I can do this". I'm a much more confident person and I am so grateful to the school for the way they structured it to make a person like myself get it and use it. It was almost like being plugged into the Matrix and afterward riding like someone else, AMAZING!!!

To give you an idea of how much its helped my riding, last Tuesday I thought I'd do a Trackday at Mallory Park and enter the Fast group. Yeah I know, NUTS. But I was confident I wouldn't get upset while being lapped by the fast boys. The first few sessions scared me but I didn't quit. By the afternoon I was doing constant 63 second laps and even overtaking a few riders! ohmy.gif I AM BUZZING biggrin.gif I have a lot to learn still (Levels 2,3,4 here we come) but what a difference for myself as a rider and also as a person.

Thank you SO much to all who work at California Superbike School. Hopefully see you very soon

Nathan

DSC09855.jpg

Nathan,

What a great story! It's amazing what a bit of quality instruction can do. And nothing compares to that feeling of accomplishment that conquering a personal fear or barrier can bring.

Thanks for sharing your story and good luck in leels 2, 3 & 4. Keep us posted on how you do.

Best,

Carey

Although this had me bouncing and smiling for days after, the school had a more dramatic affect on me. My general outlook on life was very positive.

This happens to me, too. Every time. Amazing, isn't it? :)

Glad you had such a great time! I hope you keep coming back - I've been to lots of schools, and the wonderful people and great atmosphere and joyous sense of accomplishment always make me feel the way you described above. Every time. I'm glad to hear you experience that, too!

i know how you feel buddy i recently done levels 1+2 and it was just like id passed my test again, i was so verging on packing up bikes all together as i was getting bored going out and feeling like it was just the same old same old.

going to the school gave me a new lease of life and something to get my teeth into and new things to learn only draw back is that its made me a trackday addict and its slowly draining the bank account :lol:

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great stuff! Level 1 seems to help people make the largest improvements. Now the fun really beings when you can start putting all that knowledge to use and keep improving!

I just want to say the Level 1 was eye opening,the things I learned are really going to help me build a strong foundation in my riding.I've been attending track days since last year about 6 in total so far.I still ride in Novice group but I have a track day next week and I think Im going to see if I could get evaluated so I can get bumped up.I gained so much confidence its unbelievable!I have to thank coach Mike for working with me he was super cool.Im going back for Level 2 in September.smile.gifBy the way I'm trying to find out who the photog was at the 5/21 NJMP school so I can try and see my pictures.

I just want to say the Level 1 was eye opening,the things I learned are really going to help me build a strong foundation in my riding.I've been attending track days since last year about 6 in total so far.I still ride in Novice group but I have a track day next week and I think Im going to see if I could get evaluated so I can get bumped up.I gained so much confidence its unbelievable!I have to thank coach Mike for working with me he was super cool.Im going back for Level 2 in September.smile.gifBy the way I'm trying to find out who the photog was at the 5/21 NJMP school so I can try and see my pictures.

Hey trackjunkie77,

I was at NJMP on sun, sounds like you had as much fun as i did. Did the weather hold out for you all on Monday?

Big thanks to all of you at CSS for making it an awesome first time ever trackday!! The Level 1 drills went great and the little tweeks by my riding coach (Lyle) really made a difference. The s1000's are a great bike (once i figured out that i just had to ask to get the bike out of rain mode and into sport for a little better weight transfer.) and being able to use them really makes the day worry free. Having never been to a track before i was a little nervous if my pace would be really slow, but i think i was decent. I was able to go pretty quick in several corners and made good improvement on the ones i was struggling with. My confidence is def at an all time high and i'll def be booking for lvl 2 later this summer or next spring.

I'd also like the info for the pic guy if he keeps the photos. I'd def purchase a couple pics b/c it turns out that my dad is nowhere near the "artist" he claims to be :D

Alex

Hey trackjunkie77 - sorry we didn't get a chance to connect on Monday. I worked with Mike as well; he is an excellent coach, as they all are. I am booked for July 30 & 31, and will probably try to book Sept.

I believe the photographer is Etechphoto.com. I have his card if you need additional info.

Dan

Hey trackjunkie77 - sorry we didn't get a chance to connect on Monday. I worked with Mike as well; he is an excellent coach, as they all are. I am booked for July 30 & 31, and will probably try to book Sept.

I believe the photographer is Etechphoto.com. I have his card if you need additional info.

Dan

Were you in Level 1 on Monday?I was on the Blue 04 GSXR 600(track bike),Blue and White leathers.Is it Level 2 and 3 you taking in July?

I was in Level IV on Monday & Tuesday, white group, black leathers, on an '08 orange & black CBR600.

I am taking Level IV again in July, and probably again in Sept, and again next year, and again the following year :D .

Nathan,

Nice going....I hope you find the next three as mind blowing. Level three was what did it for me. You have pretty good form maybe you should try racing...good luck mate!

Nathan,

Nice going....I hope you find the next three as mind blowing. Level three was what did it for me. You have pretty good form maybe you should try racing...good luck mate!

Funny - that is exactly when it really "clicked" for me as well B) .

• 2 weeks later...

Dan

What other info do you have on the photo guy BLSJDS? The website doesn't work. And i found an old thread from on here from 05-07 where the website didn't work.

Dan

What other info do you have on the photo guy BLSJDS? The website doesn't work. And i found an old thread from on here from 05-07 where the website didn't work.

Damn it - I JUST threw out the card this weekend :angry: . I would contact Whitney Fair at the CSS office - she could probably tell you how to get in touch with the photographer.