Adjusting Sag S1000Rr

Hello Folks, I have a new S1000RR that is pretty much stock. After passing through levels 1,2,&3 and watching the TWII Sag video I thought it was a good idea to adjust sag on my bike.

I went ahead and did the measuring with the following resutls.

Front: 38mm<BR itxtNodeId="173">Rear: 30mm

I know front should be 40mm and rear 30mm for street but I feel I should leave sag as it is. 0.2mm is not worth the trouble on the front.

What do you guys think?

Rique<BR itxtNodeId="172"><BR itxtNodeId="171">

Hello Folks, I have a new S1000RR that is pretty much stock. After passing through levels 1,2,&3 and watching the TWII Sag video I thought it was a good idea to adjust sag on my bike.

I went ahead and did the measuring with the following resutls.

Front: 38mm<BR itxtNodeId="173">Rear: 30mm

I know front should be 40mm and rear 30mm for street but I feel I should leave sag as it is. 0.2mm is not worth the trouble on the front.

What do you guys think?

Rique<BR itxtNodeId="172"><BR itxtNodeId="171">

Did you have all your gear on when you checked it? If not, maybe the extra weight would get it there anyway.

Otherwise, I'd say great excuse to cheat on your diet instead of messing with adjusting the sag. :)

(Realistically, if you are happy with the bike's handling and your suspension is working in its mid-range, I wouldn't bother changing it 2mm, but if you plan to start doing any OTHER suspension adjustments, set the sag correctly first so you have a good starting point.)

Those numbers sound rather saggy to me, to be honest, although for street riding it depends how many potholes you expect to hit. Preload isn't the same as spring stifness, so adjusting one doesn't (really) affect the other. As Foot says, if it feels good then ride it, but if you take it to a suspension guy then they'll start by aiming for other numbers. Typically you'd aim for 15mm sag at the front bike only, 25-30mm with rider as well. Rear 8mm bike only, 20-25mm with rider. Then you'd leave it alone and fiddle with the damping settings. I don't know what the video says but that's what I'd do.

Archived