Aloha! New Member From........

I've been lurking here since I got the bug to get back on abike after a few year hiatus, and realized I did not feel nearly as competent/confident as I once had. I decided to seek "professional help", and found myself at Infineon for CSS Levels I & II Nov 7-8. Thanks to all the CSS crew for making my first track/school experience all that I had hoped for. Special thanks to my coaches, (yeah, I guessyou guys could tell right away that I needed two) Jeff and "JR" for your patience and help making a guy with no sportbike experience feel comfortable. I hope to see you again soon when my schedule and budget allow for Levels 3 & 4. In the meantime I'll be checking the forums, trying to absorb some of the advice, and maybe asking a question or two.

I still don't ride a sportbike, my Monster gets me in enough trouble here on an island with plenty of leos, little real crime, and a 50 mph speed limit, but riding the BMW 1000RR around the track can sure makes you want one. (I might even get it into "Sport" mode next time around!)

Ellis

Welcome Cpt Ellis. Reading TOTW 2 and asking questions on what you've learned will help you grasp the information even better. After a trackday, or when you've picked something up, if you read the book AGAIN and AGAIN, you'll see there are few things happening that aren't in the "Cornering Bible." You'll be able to understand what's going on underneath you more and more.

Welcome Ellis. Your story sounds like mine, off the bike for a while, realizing that professional help was a good idea (yes I'm still talking about on the bike), and a first track experience with CSS. All I could think of was why didn't I do this sooner!

And Jason is spot on about reading and rereading TOTW (I'll throw in watching and rewatching the DVD too). It is simply amazing how well Keith has broken down the science of riding but even so, some of the concepts don't really start to come into focus until after you have completed all of the levels (at least for me) and even then asking questions here on the forum and with your coaches will continue to show you improvement. I find it amazing that CSS can teach riders like you and me one weekend and then be working with Leon Camier the next and it's still the same fundamentals...albeit on an slightly different level biggrin.gif.

Don't be afraid to jump in and participate. Ask questions, share experiences, or just talk riding, that's why we are all here.

Best,

Carey

Hi Ellis,

Glad you came (out of the closet too), and enjoyed the school, those were pretty nice days all in all.

You guys with your "professional help" comments crack me up!

Best,

Cobie

Archived