Sidi Boot Issue

I have a pair of Sidi Vertigo boots that developed an interesting problem last season. While riding the S1000RR last spring I somehow cut the inside ankle armor stitching (circled in the picture) with the heel plate on the rearsets. The problem then became that as I shifted on the pegs the heel plate would catch between the boot and the armor, it was distracting to say the least. I duct taped them up (the handyman's secret weapon) and made it through the day.

I figured I would get them stitched up and that would be the end of it, but the same thing happened the next time out so it must be me cutting the stitching with the heel-guard on that bike (it doesn't happen on my street bike). I was planning on shopping for new boots to fix the problem but I thought I would see if this is something anyone here has had issue with as well.

Have you guys seen this before? Do I just need to find a pair of boots with a different style of ankle armor? Any input is appreciated.

Best

Carey

post-16961-0-87009400-1330434584_thumb.jpg

Must be a bike/boot combination problem. I used to use Sidi Vertebra, the previous generation from Sidi, but had no problems on my R1 and R6.

Since the boots are cheaper than the bike, I suggest to replace the boots :-D

Kai

Must be a bike/boot combination problem. I used to use Sidi Vertebra, the previous generation from Sidi, but had no problems on my R1 and R6.

Kai

You sir, have a very valid point. I'm looking at the A-Stars Supertech R. It has no outside armor to catch and the "bikeside" of the boot has a panel to add grip.

I'll have to post up a review for the new forum.

Kai

You sir, have a very valid point. I'm looking at the A-Stars Supertech R. It has no outside armor to catch and the "bikeside" of the boot has a panel to add grip.

I'll have to post up a review for the new forum.

Pretty sure that is what the coaches have, very comfortable and I have the vented one :).

CF

Archived