School Levels, 1-4

The Twist of the Wrist II DVD (the recent one) is really great - it has a bit of a story to make it entertaining but what I really like are all the great visual examples that illustrate the concepts. I love reading the books and they are great to have (they are available as eBooks now, too, BTW) but I got some extra understanding from seeing video examples of some of the techniques, especially the ones that compare doing it right versus doing it wrong, and the CG illustration of how countersteering actually works.

The Recent One ????

Has it been updated?

Sorry if that was confusing - I just meant to clarify the one from 2009, "A Twist of the Wrist II" DVD, as opposed to the original "A Twist of the Wrist" DVD; if you search somewhere like Amazon you can see both and sometimes people buy the older one thinking it is the 2009 one.

• 4 years later...
On 2/23/2015 at 5:28 PM, Hotfoot said:

The Twist of the Wrist II DVD (the recent one) is really great - it has a bit of a story to make it entertaining but what I really like are all the great visual examples that illustrate the concepts. I love reading the books and they are great to have (they are available as eBooks now, too, BTW) but I got some extra understanding from seeing video examples of some of the techniques, especially the ones that compare doing it right versus doing it wrong, and the CG illustration of how countersteering actually works.

The story was entertaining the first time but I will admit that I got the Premiere file that re-builds the DVD without those scenes for subsequent viewings.

• 1 year later...
9 hours ago, Steveberde said:

I have the twist of the wrist books 1 and 2 from their original print dates. Are they still relevant in terms of information ?  I’m schedule for levels 3 and 4 soon and want to know if I should continue to rely on them. 

thanks 

Strv 

The information is definitely still relevant. There have been revisions to the books, with additions and updates, mostly having to do with the changes in the motorcycle features available today such as traction control and ABS. 

One easy and fun way to brush up on the info is to watch A Twist of the Wrist II video, which is now available for rent or purchase on Amazon Prime Video. It goes through a ton of info from the books and has some terrific comparison videos illustrating the effects of different line choices, body position, and steering rates, and has great CGI animations of what happens to the tire during countersteering, and close-ups of suspension movement, it is a really well done video. 

Glad to hear you'll be back at school soon! What track did you choose?

PS - bring those original print date books to school and have Keith sign them! :)

6 minutes ago, Hotfoot said:

The information is definitely still relevant. There have been revisions to the books, with additions and updates, mostly having to do with the changes in the motorcycle features available today such as traction control and ABS. 

One easy and fun way to brush up on the info is to watch A Twist of the Wrist II video, which is now available for rent or purchase on Amazon Prime Video. It goes through a ton of info from the books and has some terrific comparison videos illustrating the effects of different line choices, body position, and steering rates, and has great CGI animations of what happens to the tire during countersteering, and close-ups of suspension movement, it is a really well done video. 

Glad to hear you'll be back at school soon! What track did you choose?

PS - bring those original print date books to school and have Keith sign them! :)

Indeed I will. The Ridge July 9 and 10. 

On 4/26/2012 at 1:43 PM, Cobie Fair said:

Got a suggestion we pin this topic, so here we go.

Level 1: everyone starts there. Not because it's for beginners, but it has the most critical information first. All the top pros that go through the school start with this level. This doesn't equate to beginning, or you will have to go slowly, it's more key foundation material.

We often get the upper level students (been through level 4 a number of times) requesting to go back through previous levels.

Level 2 build upon 1, Level 3 upon 2, and Level 4 we create an individualized coaching program--which require the previous levels to fully grasp.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Cobie

PS: if it doesn't, post your questions, or call the office.

I will support tge level idea. Having taken 1 and 2 a number of years apart I found my riding has continued to improve as I put those tools to work. The eyes looking well ahead looking through the turns etc. very ready for 3 and 4

I've done the Barber Motorsport Park and Las Vegas track twice now.

I love those 2 tracks in my short riding experience with CSS, but I can say unequivocally that The Ridge is my favorite track now. Heard many say, that The Ridge is Barber on steroids and I agree. I will be back next year for sure.

• Haha 1