Superbike School In Taiwan

The local organizer asked me to forward this site, for anyone interested. This school comes under the Australian Branch of the Superbike School, they will be supplying the manpower and coaches.

www.superhdmoto.com

Best,

CF

The local organizer asked me to forward this site, for anyone interested. This school comes under the Australian Branch of the Superbike School, they will be supplying the manpower and coaches.

www.superhdmoto.com

Best,

CF

Is the class going to be in Chinese, Taiwanese or English ? The site is entirely in Chinese so makes me wonder. .. That many Aussie or Aussie Chinese coaches to go and teach that class ?

And did you check out the pictures down below on that site you just linked to ? Are those pictures of students/teachers of the school. . If so, you might have a lot more riders stepping up to take the class there (or at least male riders :). Wow.

www.superhdmoto.com

Is the class going to be in Chinese, Taiwanese or English ? The site is entirely in Chinese so makes me wonder. .. That many Aussie or Aussie Chinese coaches to go and teach that class ?

And did you check out the pictures down below on that site you just linked to ? Are those pictures of students/teachers of the school. . If so, you might have a lot more riders stepping up to take the class there (or at least male riders :). Wow.

My best guess is that the classes with be in English, since that's what happens in countries like Denmark and Sweden where the coaches get flown in from abroad.

Guess the superhdmoto guys have a race team, and they are a bit more ...uhm, westernized ... in the gridgirl department than the boothbabes I saw at the "West Taiwan Straits Auto Expo" yesterday here in the mainlands (Xiamen).

Edit: I can't to seem to find any class dates in there. The text I found only tells about Keith and the videos. I'm not even sure they'll run a CSS school from their site!

www.superhdmoto.com

My best guess is that the classes with be in English, since that's what happens in countries like Denmark and Sweden where the coaches get flown in from abroad.

Guess the superhdmoto guys have a race team, and they are a bit more ...uhm, westernized ... in the gridgirl department than the boothbabes I saw at the "West Taiwan Straits Auto Expo" yesterday here in the mainlands (Xiamen).

Edit: I can't to seem to find any class dates in there. The text I found only tells about Keith and the videos. I'm not even sure they'll run a CSS school from their site!

I'll give them a call on their next working day and ask about the details. :D

• 4 months later...

It's amazing and wonderful! 2-days Level 1&2 course was beginning with a sunny day and ending with rain. No matter it was sunny or rainy, I learned and understood a lot under professional coaches' instructions. Thanks to all coaches in this course! Especially to Cobie Fair for making this first CSS camp in Taiwan come true, to Steve Brouggy for the professional coaches team and the organized course, and to Louie Filis for being my on-track coach.

Hi y'all. My name is Andy Kang, new to the forum still, and was one of the students who attended this Taiwan CSS. I'm one of the only few who knows English (I'm Taiwanese/Canadian, but living in Taiwan for 10 years now), so I've decided to share a little of my thoughts and experience about these 2 days. I don't think many students will post to this thread due to, well, not knowing how to type in English. So here we go.

To start off, I gotta say the 2 days course in Taiwan was the best experience I've ever had on a motorcycle. It was as exciting and fun as I've seen on youtube and some forums. I was so excited that the event itself was actually happening, I couldn't even sleep well on the night before. I couldn't believe 5 months of waiting was finally coming to an end.

The first day pretty much started off with everyone getting settled with their bikes and gears, then signing in with the organizer, HDmoto(Our local organizer lead by Victor Chen and his team). When I got settled down and was waiting for the next instruction, I saw coach Stephanie Redman and went up to say Hi. I didn't know who she was in the beginning as I didn't know much of any coaches beforehand. She was extremely nice and we chatted for a few minutes. I have to say that I never thought she was a coach, not to mention MY coach for Level 2 and was ONLY 23 y/o.

After we were called to the classroom where all the introduction and greetings were made. We were on to the first in-class lesson. On the get go, coach Steve Brouggy was asking serious questions and using jokes to lighten up the mood at the same time. I think everyone in the room with coach Steve Brouggy will think of him as a professional lecturer and a super hilarious guy.

Then we moved on the to on-track session where we tried what coach Brouggy taught in the classroom. My Level 1 coach was Neil Chappell (Chappy). We didn't get to chat much in the beginning as we were just about to get on to the track for the first sighting lap. Later on in the day as we progress through the curriculum, I found coach Chappy very professional in the way that he gave me very clear signals as to what to do and clear signs of encouragement when the skill was executed the right way. And, when we got to the discussion part where we got off the track, he would point out corners where I could do better at. I loved the way that when he asked me questions, he wouldn't just give me an answer right away. I'd have to use my knowledge learned from coach Brouggy and common-sense to figure out the answer myself. Every discussion with coach Chappy made sense and I felt like I was beginning to know what riding "safe" really means.

On the second day, my Level 2 coach was Stephanie Redman. I found her leading and teaching techniques were much like coach Chappy's and was able to spot my weaknesses sessions after sessions. That was where I felt a lot more comfortable through turns and really had a sense that I was going through the corners correctly and most importantly I was on the line. The discussions with her after each session really gave me more knowledge on the physical aspect. I can say that through some tight turns, I no longer feel terrified of going in with more speed and faster counter-steer action.

Alright, I think that pretty much sums it up!

Now, I just want to say thanks to HDMoto (Victor Chen, Gina Chen and the rest of the crew) for letting almost 60 students have an never-done-before-Taiwan experience of CSS. I believe with most of us including me would think the event was well worth it and would return for advanced levels next year.

And ofcourse, thank you to all the coaches for coming to Taiwan and letting Taiwan be the first CSS branch in Asia. Although I didn't have a chance to know coaches other than Steve Brouggy, Neil Chappell and Stephanie Redman. I hope to get to know the rest of the team if there's a chance of CSS returning again next year.

Andy Kang

*Please excuse me for not having any profile info as I'm having trouble editing info (site having error signs).