Homework?

Hello all! I have a question that seems silly but I have to ask anyway. I am taking level one this September at NJMP!!!! I do not want to miss anything in the class session but at the same time I would like to have detailed notes from the class. Does the school have anything that you use during the class sessions that you take with you when the day is done? I am worried about forgetting what I learn in class. Especially being the end of the riding season in New England(MASS) I will not have a lot of time to practice what I have learned. I hated homework in school but something tells me I won't mind this homework! Any insight or your experience would help.

At the end of the day you'll receive a booklet that outlines all the drills and the formats practiced during each day. The booklet contains the drills with tons of annotated references to "Twist of the Wrist" and "Soft Science of Roadracing Motorcycles."

Take these booklets to your regular track-day and you can recreate the entire CSS day. Track days as homework!? Nice!

Hello all! I have a question that seems silly but I have to ask anyway. I am taking level one this September at NJMP!!!! I do not want to miss anything in the class session but at the same time I would like to have detailed notes from the class. Does the school have anything that you use during the class sessions that you take with you when the day is done? I am worried about forgetting what I learn in class. Especially being the end of the riding season in New England(MASS) I will not have a lot of time to practice what I have learned. I hated homework in school but something tells me I won't mind this homework! Any insight or your experience would help.

I you haven't already, I suggest you buy the Twist of the Wrist and Twist of the Wrist II books. These are great for priming your brain before a class and for refreshing the memory afterwards.

I have both and they ar epretty much dog eared! I hate to admit it but I have a VCR copy of twist 1 from around 1989+/-. They are great sources of information. Nothing beats coaching! thanks for the info!

You do get a booklet but it's mostly space for notes, so make sure you use it! Best thing to do is write down what your instructor talks to you about, as these are the bits of the drills etc. that are most important to you. My advice for homework is book a track day a couple of weeks afterwards and put it into pratice.

Unfortunately I am only able to take the one day level 1. Actually I am regretting not taking the two day class. Maybe I will see you there, I will be the one with the huge s&$#+ eating grin! Which FZ do you ride?

• 2 weeks later...

My advice - take a pen & paper, and most importantly make sure you write down things from the class sessions as well as from what your coach tells you! Especially things that just stand out as interesting, or that you think could help you.

At my Level 1 day we received the booklet right at the start of the day, so I used that for my notes from the classroom session as well as from my debrief with my coach. This has worked out really well because now I have a record of each drill, as well as things that I specifically have to work on and be aware of. Plus extra notes on things that can help me. Worth the effort to make sure you're taking notes!

• 4 years later...

At the end of the day you'll receive a booklet that outlines all the drills and the formats practiced during each day. The booklet contains the drills with tons of annotated references to "Twist of the Wrist" and "Soft Science of Roadracing Motorcycles."

Take these booklets to your regular track-day and you can recreate the entire CSS day. Track days as homework!? Nice!

I lost my booklets. Does anyone know how to get new ones?

I lost my booklets. Does anyone know how to get new ones?

I'm sure you can call the office and they can send them to you, for the levels you attended.