What do you think will happen this year in the various series?

MOTOGP: How will Rossi do? Back at Yamaha, should have all the good stuff. Stoner is gone, how will he fair agains the Spaniards?

WSB: Will King Carlos make a real charge? Melandri?

You get the idea, lets see what you guys think!

CF

MotoGP: The real battle will be between Pedrosa and Lorenzo again, with Rossi and Marquez fighting for the bottom step of the podium, I think Rossi will win one or two races this season but wont be able to contend for the championship, I also think Marquez will see the top of the box at least once, and Crutchlow will end up on the bottom step a few times again this season. The Ducati's will continue to suck and be off the pace despite a improved development program, they wont be able to outpace the development of Honda and Yamaha enough to close the gap

WSBK: I think the battle will be between Sykes and Melandri this year, both did really well last season and will build on that success. I think Checa will do well but will spend most of the season developing the new bike, same with Honda who will spend the first part of the year adapting their new MotoGP electronics package to their bike. I think WSBK will continue to be the best racing on TV ( assuming you get coverage where you live ) with lots of manufacturers and riders sharing the podium .

AMA SBK: I think the "Josh Hayes Show" will pick up right where it ended last season and the rest of the field will be racing for second place, the most interesting thing I predict here is the improved development of both the EBR and the KTM race bikes from top 10 contenders to regular podium finishers.

Tyler

Basically what McKeen said. Rossi will be competitive, but Pedders and George will in all likelyhood be too strong over the season. However, I'd love to see M&M take the title on the first try, and he's in with a shot like Rossi was in 2000, but it isn't likely statistically speaking. One can hope, though.

For the MGP season, my prediciton is Lorenzo, Pedrosa, Marquez and Rossi in that order at the end of the season, but accidents and bad luck can easily change the outcome. Spies and Edwards will be sent to WSBK for 2014 after doing absolutely nothing this year again, Dovi will curse himself silly for leaving Yamaha, Cal will take a few podiums and CRT bikes in general will be too slow.

In world superbike, the Aprilia seems to be a force to be reckoned with this year also. Laverty, Guintoli, Melandri and Sykes will be figthing it out until the end, I suspect. Melandri should have taken the title last year, but made an arse of himself in the latter stages. Sykes should have inherited the title, but the bike gave up on him. So in the end Biaggi got a lucky title. Based on skill, Melandri should be champion, but it is hard to predict this class. If I had to put money on one bloke, I'd go with the Italian, but just barely.

AMA is about as interesting for me as BSB so I wouldn't have a clue, but IIRC Hayes have held a stranglehold on the series since Mladin and Spies left.

You guys are echoing my thoughts. Lorenzo/Pedrosa battling for the title, Rossi should win a few, Cruchlow should find the box, and Audi…er…Ducati still looking for the solution to their woes.

Like a lot of people I am most interested in seeing what #93 brings to the table. Last season Moto2 was the most exciting racing to watch and mostly because of him. There were races where Marquez showed what is either sheer brilliance or ridiculous luck (maybe a bit of both?). The lowside save at Barcelona was one of the most amazing I have personally ever witnessed. I literally came out of my chair when pulled that one off. And his run through the field from starting last to winning the race at Valencia was impressive in a whole different way. Personally I hope he is successful in the premier class. MotoGP could use another alien.

In SBK once again the Ape’s look dangerous. I like Laverty so I can now pull for them (while I respect the former Roman Emperor I was never what you would call a fan). And I have to admit to being a fan of Careless Carlos so I hope he gets the new bike up to speed and is able to challenge. As for Sykes, if his bike improves he may be the reason Marko doesn't take it all (if Marko doesn't do himself in as Eirik mentioned).

I agree the Josh Hayes show continues in AMA Superbike, in Daytona Sportbike I’m interested to see how Cameron Beabier matures. I’m also glad to hear Martin Cardenas is staying in AMA because I love how much Scott Russell struggles with pronouncing his name (is that wrong of me?).

No matter what I am looking forward to an entertaining season! That is, if I get to see much of it with Fox dismantling Speed…

Everytime I watch the AMA with Scott announcing all I can think about is "Huckleberry Hound" is it just me?

Now back to your regularly scheduled program. sorry about the hijack.

This year is going to be hard to get into because of the lack of tv coverage.

But:

Pedrosa-Honda is fast

Lorenzo- going to need some help to defend title

Rossi-still has it but just not enough

Crutchlow-will start to pull it all together

Marquez-fast should get some poles

Everytime I watch the AMA with Scott announcing all I can think about is "Huckleberry Hound" is it just me?

I know what you mean Kruizen. His old Georgia roots do show through and while he might not be my choice to host the Oscars, I have to admit I enjoy listening to him call a race. Somehow he seems so much less formal, and that seems to fit very well with AMA.

Now Jonathan Green on the other hand. I think someone needs to up his dose of ritalin. He and Steve Martin make for an interesting dynamic in the commentary booth.

Good stuff guys, nice educated answers I like it!

Now if we could only use our keen powers for good...

Seems a pretty strong concensus already... and I agree.

I do wish someone could've convinced Ben Spies to return to World Superbike this year instead of going to the satellite Ducati. He had his shot on a factory Yamaha and couldn't succeed. Unless some miracle occurs, I think he'll be struggling to get in the top 10 and the Ducati will be a dead end. Had he been convinced soon enough to return to WSBK then I think he probably could've found a top team/ride (like taking the spot vacated by Biaggi). In that circumstance I think he would have had a genuine opportunity to win, and it also would've been nice to again see a [competitive] U.S. rider on the WSBK grid.

Spies had top offers from WSBK and rumours say he was v-e-r-y close to signing since he was fed up with MotoGP. So the shock was big when he suddenly signed with the Ducati reserve team. Soup had several speculation articles up last sumer/fall with a short resume of his season here http://www.superbike...0107number7.htm

Yeah, I remember all that, and I thought it was a great idea then. Sadly, it didn't come to pass...

• 2 weeks later...

Both races Hayes was out front when his bike failed, I doubt the results for the season change much, He just might not clinch it 3 rounds early this time. On a side note did anyone else notice a difference in Herrin's riding once Hayes was no longer leading the way ??

Yeah, he needs a little more of a game, otherwise it's going to be like the Mladin show. Honestly, don't think it's that good for the sport.

Stomping everyone else is not that interesting. Rossi would make it look like a game, he'd stay and play for most of the race...everyone could tell he was doing it, but it didn't matter, there was that tiny doubt.

Kenny would do this too at the Yamaha races at Laguna.

CF

Hayes will take it all, just not as soon as last year. Herrin was getting towed around the track, but even then he was taking areas like the bus stop different than hayes. I'm really hoping that Eslick, Carndenas, Herrin, and Hayes will be mixing it up come mid season when bike issues are sorted out. Pegram may even be in the mix now that he is getting support.