Long Island Code Devotee

I've been studying Keith like crazy ever since I fell off my Hayabusa a week after getting it. That was November 6 and I put about 10 thousand miles on my bike in four months of riding since then.

I was going to dump a bundle of money into my motor but decided to talk my wife into letting me do the first two day course in New Jersey...she is resisting hard. This is a battle that must be won!

I've read Twist 2 three times and seen the video at least ten. I can't wait to do the course because from the YouTube posts I've seen the format is excellent and the fundamentals are paramount. The coaches make sure everyone knows exactly what's going on and what's expected of them. If things work out I will learn on the BMWs and then follow up on my bike on a one day course.

Thanks for reading.

Welcome to the forum! I second Hotfoot, you should explain to your wife that the best safety equipment is between your ears. CSS is the best money I have spent in motorcycling and that includes all of the bikes I have ever owned (the fact that it is seriously fun is a bonus).

Tell us about your off, maybe understaning where education could have helped you will make a winning case to the wife. The books and DVD are awesome but there is no substitue for great coaching (no matter what you're into). Abd the CSS coaches are fantastic. They will make you a better rider, all you have to do is listen.

Best,

Carey

Welcome to the forum! I second Hotfoot, you should explain to your wife that the best safety equipment is between your ears. CSS is the best money I have spent in motorcycling and that includes all of the bikes I have ever owned (the fact that it is seriously fun is a bonus).

Tell us about your off, maybe understaning where education could have helped you will make a winning case to the wife. The books and vDVD are awesome but there is no substitue for great coaching (no matter what you're into). Abd the CSS coaches are fantastic. They will make you a better rider, all you have to do is listen.

Best,

Carey

Thanks to you Carey and Hotfoot for your responses. I guess by "off" you mean when I went done and the story is very clear and to the main premise of Twist. I cracked the throttle too much in a 5mph corner and the bike shot out from underneath me. Cut and dried Twist of the Wrist.

That's Rule #1 for a reason! I would spend some time explaining the basics to the wife (throttle control, SRs) and why they are valuable. I also have some write-ups on the schools from when I first took them (all 4 levels and both the one day schools and two day camps) if you think they might help. IM me if you want the links.

Shakabusa (catchy name!),

Let us know what happens. If we can be of any help, your wife is welcome to call the office and talk to my wife...she has both ridden, taken the school and is a mother! Here name is Whitney :800-530-3350.

And welcome to the forum, good for participating! (a minor dig to the gang that just "lurks").

Thanks Cobie, Thank you for your generous offer. Jo-Ann has turned the corner though its not a done deal just yet. It would be awesome if she makes the call. My name is Shakespeare + Hayabusa = Shakabusa!

Welcome to the forums Shakabusa. Assuming you've got yourself a decent helmet there is no better investment in your personal safety then the skills and techniques to fully control your motorcycle, and there is no better or safer place to learn those skills then at a C.S.S. school, since you've already had one minor mishap convincing your wife that the best way to prevent a repeat is education and training shouldn't be that hard of a sell.

good luck in any case

Tyler

Thanks Tyler, I got an ok for one day. I just want one more day since my helmet is good to go. Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm signed up for 8/26-7 in NJ!

Great. You will not regret it. Another bit of advice - get the pictures. They are not oly fun to have and share, they are great learning tools. Most photographers I have seen have a deal where they will sell you all of the pix of you for a set price. If you get to them first thing in the morning and tell them you want the package you tend to get a bit more attention from them when you are on track.