School In 2 Weeks ... :)

Greetings from St Augustine, Florida. Getting prepped for Levels 1 & 2 at the end of May and very excited about the prospect.

Reading a recent poster's comments about his first ride brought back similar memories: Purchased a new '74 Suzuki GT380 while in college and instruction from the salesman consisted of "Throttle, front brake (don't touch it!), clutch, rear brake, gear lever (1 down, five up) ... got it?" With that smidgen of instruction (no test ride), he sent me off into North Jersey traffic ... :o Thankfully, I went about things carefully and managed to survive the dreaded first six-month accident window unscathed ... though not without occasional drama. Have had a couple more bikes over the years - two Ducatis now, an '03 ST4s for sport touring and a '12 Panigale 1199 S for ... fun! Successfully completed my first-ever track day with the 1199, but really felt the need for quality instruction to get the most out of this machine. Having read two of Keith's books (don't know how many times) and his essays on this site, I just knew that this would be the right school for me. I may be 'north' of 60, but the little kid in me can't wait to get started!

Thanks and, yes, I'm arriving at Barber's on 30 May for the 31 May/1 Jun classes ... and bringing the Panigale!

Welcome aboard.

You will have fun and learn a lot.

I'm assuming that you are coming to Barber's?

Trailering the Panigale ... couldn't get a charter flight to load it up for me! :P

Great, I'll be hanging around on the 30th and 1st, riding in on either a SC/GT or 916. Camp for me on the 2nd and 3rd so BMW's for me on the track.

Flying or driving?

See you there on the 31st for level 1. My friend and I can't wait. Oh so not looking forward to that drive from NH though. I am stopping in VA to visit sisters and I will stop once from there so it wont be too bad. My buddy is has it easy; he is only driving from FL.

Safe travels to you and your buddy ... where in FL is he coming from?

See you there on the 31st for level 1. My friend and I can't wait. Oh so not looking forward to that drive from NH though. I am stopping in VA to visit sisters and I will stop once from there so it wont be too bad. My buddy is has it easy; he is only driving from FL.

Trailering the Panigale ... couldn't get a charter flight to load it up for me! :P

Great, I'll be hanging around on the 30th and 1st, riding in on either a SC/GT or 916. Camp for me on the 2nd and 3rd so BMW's for me on the track.

Flying or driving?

I look forward to seeing you guys there! Come say hi, I'm Laura. I'm a coach, I'll be the one with long brown hair in a braid. :)

Safe travels to you and your buddy ... where in FL is he coming from?

Thanks and same to you; he is coming from near the St. Pete area.

Will we be getting any further info in an email. Such as time to arrive and other details?

You should receive a packet of info with arrival time (7am), directions and other details and liability forms. If you signed up a while ago and haven't yet received anything, call the office to make sure they have your correct email address.

Also starting to get excited for my camp at NJ Motorsports part. I'm going to get focused as this is a huge big deal to me. Best of luck to you on your Pangiale.

Will we be getting any further info in an email. Such as time to arrive and other details?

You should receive a packet of info with arrival time (7am), directions and other details and liability forms. If you signed up a while ago and haven't yet received anything, call the office to make sure they have your correct email address.

Thanks, I did receive the forms and mailed those a while ago. Don't remember there being anything else though. I will look tonight when I get home.

Thanks, man - gonna be a great experience, I'm sure!

Also starting to get excited for my camp at NJ Motorsports part. I'm going to get focused as this is a huge big deal to me. Best of luck to you on your Pangiale.

...I'll be the one with long brown hair in a braid. :)

I thought that was Cobie's new look? :P

Welcome to the forum capnjack. The kid in you is in for a lot of fun and the adult in you is in for some fantastic education.

BTW...I'm an old florida boy myself (5th gen no less) and I love St Agustine. As a kid my folks would take us there every few years to see "Cross and Sword" and tour the Castillio. Good memories.

Best,

Carey

...I'll be the one with long brown hair in a braid. :)

I thought that was Cobie's new look? :P

Thanks, Carey. Though I live near St Aug now (beautiful place!), I'm originally a Jersey shore guy and wound up here after 30 years of Navy service.

Welcome to the forum capnjack. The kid in you is in for a lot of fun and the adult in you is in for some fantastic education.

BTW...I'm an old florida boy myself (5th gen no less) and I love St Agustine. As a kid my folks would take us there every few years to see "Cross and Sword" and tour the Castillio. Good memories.

Best,

Carey

Flying or driving?

I look forward to seeing you guys there! Come say hi, I'm Laura. I'm a coach, I'll be the one with long brown hair in a braid. :)

Thanks, Laura ... 1 more week!